• Register Today It's free!

shocks for lift

JGAMBLE

Reaction score
City, State
Ft. Wainwright, Ak
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994xlt
Alrighty, barring nothing strange happening I plan to lift the X in aug. :D I'm leaning torwards the rancho 5000's for shocks. Do they make them for a 6in lift? Or does anyone else have any recommendations? I don't wanna break the bank.

:chug: :chug:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I"m going to go with rough country/hecklethorn shocks....cheap and good enough for trail only rig :D

I've got Skyjacker Nitro 8000 shocks front and rear. They are pretty nice. I think I paid around 41 each for them on Summit. I was thinking about maybe the James Duff 15" travel shocks since they are only 40 each. I will measure once I have the new axles set up and then I'll go from there.

yeah, I've noticed the summit "lifted" shocks, but it lists them according to amount of travel, and on that I don't have a clue. Other than that I've heard they have a soft ride, is that your opinion?

My truck has a decently soft ride. The AAL's in the rear obviously are not making the ride really nice, but overall I think my truck has a pretty soft ride. I looked on the Skyjacker site when I was ordering shocks, and I found the part number I needed for the amount of lift I had, and just plugged the part number onto Summit.

Didn't you say that you got a Skyjacker Class II 6" lift? If you look on the skyjacker site, they should have the shock number for the 6" lift, and so those should work perfect. I've heard the rs5000's are pretty nice, so hopefully somebody with a 6" w/ those shocks can chime in and give you a p/n#.

I have Skyjacker Nitro's. I got them through StylinConcepts.com; they list them by lift amount. They ride great, much better than my old Pro Comp hydro shocks.

good info, thanks guys :thumbsup: Kinda skeptical about pro-comp shocks. Have a set of their 9000's on it now and in less than 2yrs I've blown 3 of em :mad:

Back