show off your LIFTED truck - photo thread | Page 34 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

show off your LIFTED truck - photo thread

yeah, so i wanted to separate men from mice and see your LIFTED explorer.
(yes, i´m gonna steal ideas for my soon to be x)
also this thread could be really cool for everyone else who´s into jacked up trucks.

keep 'em coming!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

kslhol said:
I can't afford to drive the ex 80km's a day back and forth to work. I'd have to get a second job to pay for the gas. I'm not a plumber eh.. That's why I bought the Intrepid. Its great on gas.

Saw you driving down Mayor Magrath during Street Wheeler's weekend. Looked pretty good.

Thanks:) I'll have to stop in next time I see your car there.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

well i got the 4in superlift and 33 12.5 BFG M/Ts on 15x8 wheels, i was thinkin that if the 4 didnt work out (which i have been told by many that it will) that i would do a shackle and torsion lift to get that extra inch, any advice?

chances are you will need that extra inch of lift. i know the superlift is a better lift, so you might be a little taller than me. honestly, if i was you and doing the suspension lift; if it's not enough, i'd just do a 2" body lift. then you wouldn't mess up your alignment through TT, or have ugly lookin shackles. just my opinion though. but to answer your question, i honestly don't think that the 4" lift by itself is enough. todd.

the only thing stopping me from gettin the body lift is that i hear that in puttin a 2 in body there would be an ugly space between the frame and bumpers which i think would look bad, but then again a jeep guy told me this so maybe u would know more about it, how much would the 2in bl cost?

-steve

some of the newer jeeps have this problem. i forgot why specifically, but i saw it in the mall parking lot once and it looked really bad on a jeep. but on the explorers its real easy to fab up some brackets to correct this problem. i did the 2 inch body lift to mine and i had some brackets that came with the kit ( i dont know what they were actually suppost to be used for) that i corrected my bumper displacement problem with. that covered the front, and for the back i just made new bumper brackets that were extended 2 inches (it helped to be in a welding class in high school tho). as for fitment with the 33's, every truck is difrent for some reason. i have a TT and 2" body lift, and i fit 33's, but i rub if i stuff on a turn. but i dont rub turning regularly, or just stuffing the wheel. with 15x8 wheels it will be a little easier to fit. toddious has 15x10 and i think that they look absolutely awesome, but i'd imagine they are a PITA for fitment. good luck on whatever you do and post pics.
-aric

i have 3" body lift, and it's hardly noticeable at all. with a 2" lift, you would most certainly not be able to tell, especially with a 4" suspension lift as well. it would just look bad ass. as far as cost, i'm not sure if all BL's are the same price or not. i know i paid about $150 for my body lift. I do have 15x10 wheels (thanks for the compliment's eric), which do make a big difference when turning. It's up to you what you do, maybe see how much trimming you have to do without the BL (you will most definately need to do some), and if you're ok with that, then don't do the BL. the truck will look much bigger, however, and have much more room to flex if you do the body lift as well though (And you won't need to trim at all). just my two cents. todd.

Depending on how "hard core" you go off-roading, the difference between the 8" nad 10" wheel is this. When aired down the 10" is more likely to blow a bead than the 8" wheel. I know there are plenty of people that have not had problems with this, but it depends on how low you go with the air pressure and again, how "hard core"" you go. Just food for thought for everyone's tire and wheel choices...

fairly hardcore for you to air down tires. right

but you will also need to air them down less to equal the same tread width.

well im not going to be doing any hardcore rock crawling or anything just yet, but i do i fair share of tuff stuff, and yes i will be trimming with the 4in and see how it goes and if it doesnt work out ill go with the 2in BL, thanks a lot guys uve been a big help, ill post pics after its all said and done

-steve

um teh 8" rim also getes protected more by the tire, but will wear down the middle of the tread quicker than the proper, suggested, 10" wide rim.

FROADER said:
Not necessarily. I air down my tire to go to the dunes...not hardcore.

I knew that adn i should hae said except for sand..Lol

SteveO2569 said:
well i got the 4in superlift and 33 12.5 BFG M/Ts on 15x8 wheels, i was thinkin that if the 4 didnt work out (which i have been told by many that it will) that i would do a shackle and torsion lift to get that extra inch, any advice?

Mines on 4" lift, and I have that tire size. I had to trim sheet metal on the front fenders, behind the wheel.

Alot of TTB lift kit installers will add a 1/2" spacer to the front of the radius arm to slightly push the TTB beam forward and tire forward slightly.
You can add as much spacer as you can correct the toe for.
taking into account the front driveshaft, steeringm abd beam pivots to make sure you dont get too extreme...

When lifted with drop down brackets and bushing type radius arms the beams tend to pull back slightly, this is the natural droop travel curve of the TTB. The spacer will help you trim less and help stability.....

Only some trucks need this....I plan to try it prior to my next alignment....

blah blah blah - PICS ;)

Here's one:

Attachments

• Ron10mini.jpg
    Ron10mini.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 3,213

damn! looks good!

Premier said:
Mines on 4" lift, and I have that tire size. I had to trim sheet metal on the front fenders, behind the wheel.

how much room from the fender to the tire did u have? was it too snug to get any real flex or did it all work out, i saw this 99 explorer on cardomain with a 4in and 33 BFG A/Ts and it looks like it worked out so im hopin mine will do the same

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/314799/1

Back