JamminG4Jim

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Near St. Paul, MN.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Sport
Whoo-Hoo!!!

I found it on Car Soup.com and boy am I happy with it!

It's a 1995 F-350 XLT Duallie with a factory mounted Hideaway Gooseneck trailer ball mounted in the center of the truck bed! Also has the 2"receiver and 7-pin electrical trailer light plug under the bumper! 76K miles. One owner!

7.5L Gasoline (460cu.) with a 5 speed manual tranny with overdrive! Some paint cracks, etc, but nothing I can't fix! I towed my X last weekend with my F-250 with a 351 Windsor in it. Sucked big time! The 460 should do a LOT better!

Here's a Pic!

Dually1.jpg

Let me know what you think!

Jim

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looks good. i think it will do the trick for you. i have a fsuperduty work truck with a 460 i dont think you will be lacking power.

Originally posted by redrig
looks good. i think it will do the trick for you. i have a fsuperduty work truck with a 460 i dont think you will be lacking power.

I sure hope so! :)
Thanks for the reply!

Jim

Sharp looking rig. Enjoy :D

What mods do you have planned?? :D

Attachments

• dually2.jpg
    dually2.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 283

Originally posted by section525

Sweet! I think it would look pretty good with a cab spoiler. The kind that mount on the bed that look like l\.

Originally posted by section525

*****in lookin flames! If I wasn't going to use it to tow my X around I'd use that pic as a template on what to do next!

Rick and Heath:
thanks for the kind words!

I plan to leave it pretty much just the way it is. Maybe add some running board lights, etc. Going to mount the CB, GPS and Radar detector tomorrow. I'm thinking about CB antenna's on both mirrors but I haven't found a set I like yet!

Now I should be able to road trip to phx next february for the explorer run! That's the plan!

Jim

Nice truck :D what is a " factory mounted Hideaway Gooseneck trailer ball mounted in the center of the truck bed!" ?????

crank, thats code for "neat trailer hitch"

Originally posted by Crankcase
Nice truck :D what is a " factory mounted Hideaway Gooseneck trailer ball mounted in the center of the truck bed!" ?????

Crankcase,
it is a type of trailer hitch that mounts in the center of the bed of a truck. It has a ball just like a "under the bumper" hitch. The reason it's called a gooseneck is because the front of a gooseneck trailer is shaped like one. goes up, over the tailgate, then down to the ball.

It is one level above a "under the bumper" style and one step below a "fifthWheel" style, which also mounts in the bed but is a lot like a 18 Wheeler uses.

Hope this helps!

Jim

I figuerd it was like that, but what would be the point, why not just go 5th wheel then?

A lot of equipment, like horse trailers, come with the ball-type 5th wheel. A buddy of mine has the ball-type in his bed and uses it all the time.

OH, and Great Looking Rig Jim!!!!:D

Sweet... what price range is a truck like that? Great mileage for it's age!

Originally posted by Shagnasty
Sweet... what price range is a truck like that? Great mileage for it's age!

I found it on Carsoup.com for $9500. It was 100 miles south of here so I told the car dealer that had it that if they'd eat the sales tax i'd come down and look at it. I liked what I saw and got it for $8800.

You gotta be aggressive when you deal with car dealerships I've found out! Worked for me!

Jim

I agree, and I think you have done well for yourself!

OOPS!

I bought ANOTHER F-350 last week! 2000 Super Duty Crew Cab Diesel Dually! 7.3L with a ton of mods!

New Dually Pics

Sooooo, If anyone's in the market for a 1995 F-350 Dually with low miles and recently replaced heads (water jacket leak NOT caused by heat, but by the previous owner) 84,000 miles, ALL the goodies a XLT comes with.

Asking price is $8K or B.O.

1995 F-350 for sale pics

Jimbo

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Now we're talkin! Congrats!

Back