1992 Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1992 Explorer

Kind of new to the forum. Signed up a while back but haven't posted much.

Explorer specs. mostly stock 4.0, built A4LD, manual 1354, HP44 front, 9" rear. Front has 5.13's, ARB, high steer. Rear is detroited, 5.14's with a currie case, disk brakes with caddi calipers. 4" custom Alcan leafs in the rear. 5.5" BC bronco's EB springs in the front with custom coil buckets. 1 ton drag link end steering. AC pump converted to on board air run to rear bumper. Tires are 36x12.5x15" TSL SX's.

2044482_3_full.jpg

2044482_6_full.jpg

2044482_1_full.jpg

I don't have a whole lot of pics of it. I usually go by myself and I don't have a camera.

This winter it's getting a 5.0 HO swap, AOD to NP208, HP 60 front with the same gears and locker as now, and a dana 70 rear with the same as now. I am also going to do a full exo and probably run 38's or 39.5's.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dang, that's sick. What are you gonna do with the 44 and the 9"/

now thats how an ex should look :thumbsup: ...keep up the awesome work...be sure to take pictures and post of all your progress...i'm very interested in seeing it as I share the same plans...

TTIUWOMP! (this thread is useless without more pics) :D

Looks awesome. I have very similar plans as far as axles and motor go, but I'm just going to stick with the d44/9" combo and 36-37s. If you could get some more pics, that would be awesome. :)

I would love to get more pics. But I didn't take those even. A friend of mine did. I don't have a camera. The 44 and 9" will make it's way into my bronco II, along with the motor, tranny tcase from the explorer. I already have the axles built for this winters swap and my motor.

Do you have any plans for flares? APD mess with you about them yet?

You should post a pict of your Bro's B2 :thumbsup:

No problems with APD yet. I do have rear mudflaps. I have plans for flares. But not until the 60 goes under it. I need to see what I'm going to have to trim to get the 38's to fit

incredible, masterful

that looks soo cool, i wish i could afford a fw sas

Wow! That's awesome!!!

Something like that makes me want to get a Explorer! lol

Mickey

that's a very sick looking ex!!!
Has anyone ever put a 70 under the explorer before? A 60/70 combo is gonna be SAAWEEET!!!!

ive got either a D60 or 14bolt under my explorer right now, gotta decode the axle to find out what it is, owner said it was a 14 bolt, but its got the ford slight offsetpinion output which tends to lean towards ford origin

I am doing one in a couple of months. Already have the axles. Just waiting on my transmission to swap in the 5.0L as soon as I can get her IMed one last time.

How much did it cost you in parts to do the D44/9..?

Looks tempting...TTB sucks

It cost me quite a bit. I probably have about $2500 into the front. And around $1500 into the rear. That is no including springs. My springs were $225 for the fronts and around $500 for the rears.

i call dibs on the manual 1354 if you sell it :D

that is full width right?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back