• Register Today It's free!

'96 4R55E A/T Heat Shield?

dan leon

Reaction score
City, State
Sac, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 XLT
Does anyone have a 4R55E trans heat shield for sale? It attaches to the trans on the pass side, between the trans and the catalytic converter. Mine was "lost" when my trans was serviced, and I don't know if I can get it through Ford. I have a '96 XLT 4DR 4WD.

Many Thanks, Dan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dan, it is available through Ford. I believe the part number is FOTZ*7F013*A, It lists for $43.88, discounts to $30 or so. Check with Torrie at FORD PARTS NETWORK.

It is an essential part. If a shop "lost it" you ought to present them with the bill. This is not one of those "nice to have" items. It's critical to long term trannie health. The servos will fry otherwise.

Thanks for advice! I had the trans service done some time ago, and I noticed the part was missing when I was changing my oil recently. I went ahead and ordered the part today. Your part no. was correct. I will definitely take this up with the shop.

Thanks again, Dan

Auxiliary Heat Shield

I was concerned with how close the catalytic converter is to the transmission in my 00 Sport, so I ordered one of these heat shields to install around the cat. It installs easily, and is good insurance for trans longevity.....
Muffler/Converter Heat Shield

Hi Glacier991,

I received the part today and installed. Amazingly enough, the nut was still on the stud, loose of course. I am going to give that shop a piece of my mind!

Thanks for the part no. I had called my local Ford dealer in Jackson CA last week and they said the part was no longer available. WRONG!! I called them with the part no, and now they said it was still available. It sucks being at the mercy of some of these parts guys...

Thanks again, Dan

Back