gas prices | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

gas prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fcking 2.99 for unleaded, went up 60 cent's here in two days :mad:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Filled up today $2.99 a gallon.. Luckily the gas station owner/manager made a mistake programming the pumps, all 3 grades were offered for $2.99

$3.09 Huntington WV.

damn!! we're supposed to have the lowest prices anywhere and today cheapest i saw was 2.86 for regular!! thats friggen insane! with that dang hurricane cutting off our supply of oil we're screwed!! and worse of all these roumors of gas rationing and all that has people in lines 20 deep waiting to fill up! its insane. gonna have to rig something up so people cant steal my gas...

2.79 2.89 and 3.19 im going to stop driving some now

went up again 3.09-3.15-3.24...............In madison wi.... Im going to ride my mountain bike to work now....I can see it being $4.00 in no time.......ill have to work the street corners for gas $$$ :confused: :mad: :eek:

trucku said:
Bush won't do crap, except get rich.
Gas will keep on going up and were all gonna go buy hybrid cars...well if they weren't so expensive.

You have just ruined your creditibility with that moronic comment :rolleyes:

If you have any FACTS, keyword FACTS, to back this up, please feel free to post a link. I won't believe it if you put it in your own words.

Oh, and the Shell down the road from my house has premium only for $4.09!

well today in western NC it went from $2.79 to $2.89 then in 3 hours later it was up to $3.19.... This station said it was gonna be running out by midnight.... The other ones in this area are limiting gas to a $10 max and thats only 3.13 gallons... damn what are us X drivers gonna do....

$2.85 at Bp but a few blocks away at an Amoco think I saw $3.09 for regular.

monday night i filled up at 2.43 a gallon in town. same gas station tonight was 2.99. 46 cents in 2 days

87 ranged from $2.85 to $3.50 around town here today. This weekend should be fun. Speaking of heating your home, suppose acetone would work in my oil tank? Maybe a Tornado in the hot water heater? Would appreciate any ideas.

the whole deal is for people to use less fuel. so then the prices will be able to stabilize.
It was just a matter of time before this happened...
I seriously there is no need for stations to start limiting amounts of fuel...

2.99 for 87

Panic

The Panic has started. Apperently everyone worried about rising prices are trying to buy as much gas as they can now before the price increase. I saw huge lines last night at my local gas station. I needed to fill a 2 gallon can for my lawnmower so I decided to skip the lines and go back later. Went back near 11:00 PM and there were still lines backed up on to the street. I haven't seen anything like it since the 1970s. Of course the people in line for the lower prices then panic everyone else, who are afraid the gas station will run of gas at any price. It's crazy.

davidmmm69 said:
I seriously there is no need for stations to start limiting amounts of fuel...

David I think you have your head in the sand. Distributors supplys are being limited, dealers supplies are being limited, because there isnt the physical product and if there is it cant be transported. There ARE shortages in some areas, this is not made up news by the gov, big business or media as some others have suggested.

Massive amounts of infrastructure are displaced, pipelines, refineries, ports to bring in fuel and product. Two problems; a supply problem, which George has tried to help by opening the SPR(not much good), and lifting the epa regs on fuel mixes(Lots of good, it will allow us to import finished product from other countries). And a transportation problem, until the piplines get back up and running at more than half capacity we will have shortages. Same goes for shipping ports and offloading terminals, it takes a while week or so to reroute and put in place the means to offload and reroute deliveries. With the current low inventories it causes problems down the line, right to my gas tank. After that gets straightened out we will just have to deal with high prices as refineries are brought back up. The next couple of weeks should be interesting.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Part of it was speculation though Steve. Our local station (Casey's) closed 3 days ago. Still waiting for the pumps to be reopened. We are in a small town with one gas station. The next closest is 4 miles away. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back