• Register Today It's free!

31" Revo on stock 2nd Gen

tripleoption

Reaction score
City, State
KOSH
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 XLT
Well, I bought it with 26xxx miles, and now I'm at 111xxx, so I figured I needed some new tires. With the exception of filters and fluids, my X was a bone stock '00 XLT 5.0, sporting 15" raindrop rims. After extensive searching on this site, I decided to spend what I could afford on tires, and put Bridgestone Revo's on the top of my list.
I took my Explorer to the local Bridgestone/Firestone shop (gasp) and asked for 31x10.5x15 Revos. This was a Saturday afternoon, and they didn't have them in stock, so my appointment was scheduled for Tuesday and rescheduled for Wednesday due to my own shortcomings.
The dealership not only sold them to me, but also installed them onto my stock rims, and put said rims/tires on my stock X, in their shop, on their lift, using their equipment.
For anyone looking to justify buying Bridgestone tires, the dealerships have a rebate offer good until the 15th of this month. I'm getting 75 bucks back. Go price them at tirerack.com with shipping, then factor the installation, and see if you can beat it.
I have one mile on my new tires...and they rock. :D Thanks to everyone who suggested them on this forum.

By the way, before anyone suggests it, the TT and -153's are happening within a week, as well as the Rancho RS5000's. Yes, the ladyfriend knows, but I don't think she understands. :D

Now it's time for some pics. :burnout:

Back