A little help from the experts. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A little help from the experts.

I am considering purchasing this vehicle. However, the front of it looks different than other explorer. Like it has been modified, which is why I am posting this here. This is a '02 XLT with leather interior. Can anyone describe what has been done? Does it affect the car as a whole? Should I still buy it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1637889448.184416637.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Go!

wow thats sweet

Thanks for the input. I thought it was something simple, but I didn't know if maybe the front end was damaged and they just did that rather than the original. It checked out in carfax just fine. I can't wait to drive it home. After seeing all the crazy stuff you guys do to your explorers, maybe I will look into some modifications of my own.

lol..hes hooked now

1992explorer said:
After seeing all the crazy stuff you guys do to your explorers, maybe I will look into some modifications of my own.
Sorry man, but there is no maybe. ;)

FROADER said:
Sorry man, but there is no maybe. ;)

that is so true its not even funny...modding is like crack...once you start..you just cant stop

clean looking explorer, especially with the grill. good luck with it,

99stocksport said:
that is so true its not even funny...modding is like crack...once you start..you just cant stop

how would you know about the crack?......... ;) :D :p

crazy stuff? where? :p

My money has been delayed. I can't get it until tuesday! In the mean time, what are some of the mods that people usually start with? How does the obsession grow? Do people do interiors, too?

most of us think interiors are overrated...

we usually just nail down a log and use that as the seat..

seat belts are rare, i personally just hook my waist belt up to a bolt head somewhere..

airbag? oh thats my face whenever it comes into contact with the steering wheel.

bling bling? well i dont even know what that word is so i have no idea if i have bling or not.

Hahahah. You poor *******. I hope you have a good job! Welcome aboard. :D :thumbsup:

1992explorer said:
My money has been delayed. I can't get it until tuesday! In the mean time, what are some of the mods that people usually start with? How does the obsession grow? Do people do interiors, too?

It grows because it becomes you. Some people like um high some low, some like um so shiney it looks like new money. Others paint um to look like a bush. Roll cages on the inside. Roll cages on the outside. Add solid axels, add TTbs. Me, once I learned that metal was malleable, I started cutting, bending, shaping, welding, sanding getting so mad and disgusted at it, and then to walk away, only to come back the next day and get it right. That piece of metal is my canvas. And it sounds like you got your canvas too. Just like the rest of us.

1992explorer said:

Alot of people start out by helping the engine breathe and exhale better.

Catalyctic Converter-Back aftermarket exhaust systems are popular... many people have different opinions, but I have a Flowmaster 50 Series, and it doesnt make the X sound like it's trying too hard to be a V8 (if you dont already have one) but it gives it a good growl.

Aftermarket Intake systems with are also popular, gets rid of some of the air-flow restrictions all factory vehicles come with.

I would start there, it will open the engine up a little more, and should set you back anywhere from $400-$800 (depending on what you go with)

there is no such thing as too many mods, time will make u realice that u rather spend money on ur explorer than anything else......

Back