Camburg 6" for 2nd gen Explorers/Ranger Edge | Page 17 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Camburg 6" for 2nd gen Explorers/Ranger Edge

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

haha sorry froader got the 33's on yesterday, and gijoe the glass i have is hannemanns 4" over glass and it looks really good, here are some better pics:

749310_61_full.jpg

749310_60_full.jpg

749310_62_full.jpg

CG said:
Truck looks great!

Where did you get the fenders? I want to get a set, I did a Google search under that name & didn't get much.

Edit: Nevermind, I found it!
yeah i really like them but i would do a perrys fab n fiber or a fiberwerx for fenders since your track width is stock. theirs doesnt have as much as a bulge as mine.

BigDave!!! said:
... i would do a perrys fab n fiber or a fiberwerx for fenders since your track width is stock. theirs doesnt have as much as a bulge as mine.

I agree. I have the Fiberwerx flares on mine.

4434Painted-06.jpg

BigDave!!! said:
yeah i really like them but i would do a perrys fab n fiber or a fiberwerx for fenders since your track width is stock. theirs doesnt have as much as a bulge as mine.

Really? From this shot below, it looks great. Maybe it's just the angle...

The next shot are Perrys & they look pretty wide to me...

Attachments

• black fender.jpg
    black fender.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 433
  • black perrys fender.jpg
    black perrys fender.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 435

no its totally just the angle, my truck is about 2" wider per side and the tires are still completely inside the fenders, the perrys and fiberwerx are a bit smaller

chit...im not into the desert scene, but Dave....its beautiful, makes me wonder if having a desert whiz go at my truck might make it perform better on the trails.

thank you Lee, im sure there could be something that could be done that would help it perform better on the trail even though 4 wheeling and desert racing are totally different, they are both off roading after all.

dave-hey man looks sweet....can you do me a favor and post an up-close of the top of your front shock tower....i was thinking of doing mine like that too instead of just your normal hoop...also how many pounds are in those resi's? king recommends around 200 psi don't they....just wondering exactly what you have in them....thanks man.

yeah ill get some pics of it this weekend when i get ahold of the camera again, it says on the resi 150 psi so thats what mines at, works perfectly

im wondering if having the longer travel will help...even though it will track wider (and its a 4wd so there would be ALOT of work invloved, but there has got to be a simple way (not necessarily cheap) to increase the travel of the stock IFS.

of course longer travel would help because for 4x4 it would mean more articulation, i know you probably would not want a wider track width but thats probably the only way get more travel without binding the cv's

check out www.trailslesstraveled.com because they have a lot of info on desert style suspension on 4x4's, might give you some good info even though its all toyotas

otherwise check out camburg.com because they have one of their kits on a 4x4 toyota that is meant for trail use and not desert racing, maybe that will give you some info too...

would uniballs and tube upper contol arms increase my droop travel?

it will but....the only reason me and dave got travel out of having new arms is b/c the arm mounts below the top of the spindle via a 'monoball'(a horizontal approach meaning the unibal runs horizontally through the arm/spindle) modifying your current spindles to accept a uniball(vertical approach...unibal runs vertically through the arm) might give you an inch or two of travel but the only reason people really modify the stock spindle and get new arms is just for added strength....a beefier arm is going to make the suspension way stronger than the stock arm....don't waste your time trying to do this you'd be better off with the dixon brothers kit

well for that cost, i would just SAS...its not a desert runner so i have really no need to keep the IFS if im gonna spend that much money. Also around here i dont think anyone would know what to do with a kit like that in terms of install. I have never actually seen a desert truck and im assuming that any of the offroad shops installers have never touched one...

for your money and your usage your better off SAS. like you said earlier you dont want a wide track width and dixon will increase it by 8" which is a lot.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey Dave if its not too much trouble I was wondering if you could measure your front glass for me. Because I was curious if Hannamanns glass would be wide enough for my front.
I just need the measurement of the area in this picture.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 371

Back