-=DaemoN=-

Reaction score
City, State
The Netherlands
Year, Model & Trim Level
Rigless!
I need some ideas. I would like to chop the whole top off the explorer. :roll:

JTX - where are the pics?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'll go get you some, mines still not 100% done. lol

has anyone on this site put a 2nd gen under the knife? I was thinking about it once i graduate and get on my SAS, but i havent seen a 2nd gen without a roof yet...

JTX said:
I'll go get you some, mines still not 100% done. lol

I've seen the ones in your pic gallery but their not a very clear shots. What were the tubes made of again?

Im not even sure, ill have to measure it and take pics tomorrow when theres light out. The tubing is 1.98" galvinized structural tubing, so its dam strong. Ill get you more information tomorrow.

FROADER said:
Keeping it now? :thumbsup:

After taking it out last weekend it got me motivated to start working on it again. I know, I can't make up my mind. :p Now I have to delete the other thread. :D

Brian1 said:
You ever going to be back in Albuquerque?? I can help you make one if you supply food and tubing Now that I have bent up a cage, sliders and a bumper stinger I am more confident in my bending.

Are you thinking of doing a cage for your X? We could do double bends and I'll supply the tube... food ;) . I don't mind visiting ABQ (in my car) since I still have a few friends there. It's really a chore to drive my explorer in long distances, especially with no doors. :D

-=DaemoN=- said:
Are you thinking of doing a cage for your X? We could do double bends and I'll supply the tube... food ;) . I don't mind visiting ABQ (in my car) since I still have a few friends there. It's really a chore to drive my explorer in long distances, especially with no doors. :D

No, not planning to cage my Explorer for a while.

You guys could use my Explorer for measurments, that way you can just drive down in your car. I wanna integrate a rear bumper into the cage someday, just need to get some axle under it first.

Just got my bender and a 100' of 1 3/4 .120 wall I'll be starting it after Moab thanksgiving trip. I think it will come out something like "Fakarwee" (Tom Rios I think) Did his. There is a link around here somewhere I thinik. I'll be sure and post a bunch of pics if you want.

Here's mine... Just needs paint and bump protection.

cage039.jpg

cage037.jpg

cage038.jpg

cage024.jpg

FireZapper said:
Here's mine... Just needs paint and bump protection.

cage039.jpg

cage037.jpg

cage038.jpg

cage024.jpg

what are the tabs on the back little shelf for

cage055.jpg

I have rubbermaid tubs to go under for parts. I'm going to put expanded metal on the shelf and put my spare shafts behind the toolbox and I'm thinking an ammo can beside for d rings and such.

thats a nice looking cage, cant wait till i get mine

To Redranger4.0 .....

.....Did you buy that cage or did you design it yourself? The track I want to go to (Gateway International Raceway) requires that you have a cage when you drag race, in case of rollover obviously.

Another thing they raquire is that you can't have shaved door handles. Something about if your vehicle catches on fire and you are unconcious, they need to be able to get you out, not just sit there and watch you burn. It's a stupid rule if you ask me.....LOL. I wonder if they would let me race if I have a door popper kit.....anyway, let me know where you got the cage please. I might end up having to build ont from scratch.....

how is that a dumb rule? They want to be able to open the car to get YOU out as quick as possible. They wont have time to search around for your hidden door poppers when you are burning up inside the death trap....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back