Badlands Attica, Indiana June 16-18 Chat Thread | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Badlands Attica, Indiana June 16-18 Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, and all we see on the way there are traffic jams.
:mad:

Illinois crowd gave in a while ago. Guys fell through the cracks one by one... some moved away, some dropped out, some prefer to wheel with other groups... we were pretty strong a while ago.... were :(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I stayed at the Summers Carol Campground. It was a A++. Very nice clean sites. I will stay there again, and it is not too far from the Badlands.

Eric

351wEXPLORER i know who you are now.yes i've seen you there i've even talked to you face to face.i own the blue and silver x with solid axles, 38's,and a 351w also.do ya remember me yet? we are actually going to silver lake this sun the 30th. we'll definately have to run together to attica..what a blast this is going to be!!!!!!

yeah i thought that was who you were.. ive been thinking about going up this saturday, is that the 30th? (im lazy) uhmm my truck needs a bunch of work before attica, but i think i can do it. if i dont show sat. its because i broke my leg last weekend and im not supposed to drive, but i think i will anyway..

no sunday is the 30th.. if you need help with your truck just let me know, that is what i do for a living.but i would be more than willing to help out.

I'll be staying at the Attica Family Campground, that way I can do the night run and get head of the line every day to the park. :thumbsup: The one time we stayed at Summers we hated it, the golf cart cop was always coming around and snooping on us. :rolleyes:

I only had a problem once with the crazy big fire we had going. The golf cart cop didn't care for that too much.

it cant be as bad as the cops at silver shores(i think silver shores) at silver lake... arnie might know what im talking about, but this guy is insane, you have to be in your tent by like 10 or he flips out

Never been there....the State park never seems to have a problem with us though.

state park is good... i think it was taxxman2k that i discussed that park with...

Summers is a nice campground, and definately nicer than attica. The only problem is location. If you stay at summers you have to load up the rig on the trailer every night and head out. Then you have to wait in line the next morning to get back in to unload. They have put showers in at attica and they are open till 11:00 pm on weekends. The campground doesn't have a single tree, but it is close and easy to get in and out. You can come and go in and out of badlands as you please to go back to the campground to eat lunch, fix your rig, whatever. Just my .02 cents worth.

IF we have a night run, there will be no trailers in the gate at night and the camground won't let you park in there unless you are staying there. I think it would be better if we all stay in the same place, but not everybody will agree.

cableguy said:
Summers is a nice campground, and definately nicer than attica. The only problem is location. If you stay at summers you have to load up the rig on the trailer every night and head out. Then you have to wait in line the next morning to get back in to unload. They have put showers in at attica and they are open till 11:00 pm on weekends. The campground doesn't have a single tree, but it is close and easy to get in and out. You can come and go in and out of badlands as you please to go back to the campground to eat lunch, fix your rig, whatever. Just my .02 cents worth.

IF we have a night run, there will be no trailers in the gate at night and the camground won't let you park in there unless you are staying there. I think it would be better if we all stay in the same place, but not everybody will agree.

Holly shi# there are people here I haven't seen in years! If I am still in town around June I am in... Wow guys this brings back memories.. Last time we all gathered we made in in 4 wheeler...

Riff and Cableguy if you remember me shoot me an IM, it would be nice to catch up!

Look who's back... One by one guys are coming out of the woods... we're still missing Todd... anyone else? :rolleyes:

Hey, did you ever get those rocks out of your explorer or does it still sound like a baby rattle? :D

cableguy said:
Hey, did you ever get those rocks out of your explorer or does it still sound like a baby rattle? :D

Actually very funny you ask... They are still in the dash.. I gave up on getting them out since I don't drive it much anymore. The explorer just sits, and has been waiting to get an ass kicking.. I do believe that this will be the time she comes back alive.

As for me leaving, I've never left damn it. I just haven't posted much since getting my VM GTI Vr6, it's a lot of fun to drive, but those speeding tickets are a Bitc@

SplashMan said:
Todd moved to AZ about 2 years ago. Haven't heard from him since... :(

I still talk to Todd every few months via email. The family is doing well and i believe he loves it alot more there than here. Don't believe he does much wheeling... his son is driving the ranger now, i tried to buy it... I know at one point he was driving a rubicon and liked it.

Oh there's IL wheelers... we just never wheel but my 5in of ground clearance wouldn't get me very far! :p

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm lurking and still plan to attend..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back