Transmission leaking in the morning when cold? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Transmission leaking in the morning when cold?

fury

Reaction score
City, State
austin,tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 ford explorer sport
Long story short i got up this morning to go to the store started up my ex and then noticed tranny fluid just pouring out of my transmission where the bell houesing attaches to the engine for at least a 3 to 5min.:eek: what my first reaction followed by a couple of not so nice comments. I have known for a while i have a had a very small leak in about the same area but i always check the fluid level and really didnt notice that much change in the level. I just finished putting in some more tranny fluid and so far doesnt seem to be leaking anymore since this morning. So could it be because of the weather change (it has been in the 30 to 40's the last two mornings) that my tranny all of a sudden wants to pee allover the parking lot. I have never had my tranny leak so bad before. I have a 99 Ex sport with the 5R55E tranny.

any help would be appriciated
thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

tried to pm u but yer box it full. can't help with the tranny but was wondering when ur going to get some pics up with those new mtr's. and did u ever buy those wheels?

eep. front seal I imagine..not an expensive part by any means, but, it's a PITA to change....

hiridin

i have just been to lazy to post some pics of my new tires. i might try to do it today seeing that i wont be going anywhere for a while
and no i havent got the wheels yet

PS94
thanks for the reply i just got finished talking to a tranny guy about my probelm and he suggested the same thing.

Front seal I have had to replace mine iis a cheap part but a pain to get to.
Figure on a day of work for a $4.00 seal.

Back