93' Convertible Sport ;) | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

93' Convertible Sport ;)

Well I got bored today and felt like removing the top for the cage. Here is what I came up with. More to come in the following weeks as I build my cage.

Attachments

• nv20$004.jpg
    nv20$004.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 6,335
  • nv20$002.jpg
    nv20$002.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 1,994
  • nv20$005.jpg
    nv20$005.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 4,858

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah, having a garrage with a chop top is a must here in CO.

Nice!!

Looks good Clint.

Waiting to see how she turns out. Keep us posted!

Thanks. I already have part of the cage done but the snow here keeps delaying me ;) I'll post some pics tomorrow.

damn that mother nature! hahaha

picture pictures....

I am planning a non tubular bulk head for the B pillar on my BII :) To cover the roof gap with sheet instead of tube, they will actually be connected if it works out right. (cab gussseted to cage)

Cant wait to see pics!

that's pretty cool. I think it would also look good chopped just behind the B pillar. Are you going to enclose the tailgate section? Just some ideas, maybe you could build a tube bumper with a swing-out tire carrier and some extra tubing to keep stuff from falling out the back. Or, would it be possible to modify a ranger tailgate to fit? Also, maye you could have an upholstery shop make you some kind of snap-on top for winter. Can't wait to see more pics.

Very nice Clint, i like the look. One question how much were and where did you get the door latches??? I really like those, great idea :thumbsup:

I got them from my buddy for free ;) They are jeep soft door latches.

You suck!

Is this what you got? latches

Hey Josh the link doesn't work. I thought you were friends with CoryL he makes those doors doesn't he? What latches does he use? If you want to build some doors and can't find them, I can get some of those latches.

Kinda reminds me of the 1980s Subaru Brat pickup........or the Dodge Rampage.....

I saw Clint on his way to Moab a couple weeks ago. The X doesn't look much different than it did in his last pics other than it has a cage in it now. I talked to him a while back and he said he didn't do much wheeling last year (between work and the fact that he bought a boat). He doesn't get on here much any more, but if you have any questions try PM'ing him. It may take a few days, but he should answer.

Hey guys. Sorry no pictures. Mike thought that was you. How've you been.

Back