a nice place for your amp | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

a nice place for your amp

Doesn't look too bad. But judges would dock points for cooling. as heat rises and would become trapped in the heat sinks agianst the amp. doesn't matter how the amp is set. You could add a fan to the bottom blowing on the bottom.

Tim

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i actually welded to peices of square bar to the roof and then used self tappers to mount the amp to the square barthen just trimmed out eh headliner. my main goal was to get the amp out of the way and for it to look half way decent. haven't had any cooling problems yet so we'll see as time goes on.

well, here is mine.

Attachments

• IMG_0933.JPG
    IMG_0933.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 151

Expo, how much air do you need(the Viair 550c reference)? Would 3.4cfm@90psi help you? I am going to install a Puma 12V compressor in my work vehicle for an air source. Hunt on Ebay for about $185 with 1.5 gallon tank. Regards,

ah- thanks, but i want to match the compressor i already have. i'm running 8 gallons.

Back