Best AT tire for snow? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Best AT tire for snow?

Let me have it. What have you ran and what worked the best in snow in an all terrain tire. For me its the Yokohama Geolander AT II's. They gave me poor mpg, getting noisey as they age, but have outstanding snow traction. Im looking for a replacement.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i dunno if your looking for an all round tire but i love my michelin cross terrains, make NO noise on the Highway, awesome in the rain, and great in the snow. dont know what much ther is to ask for!

I like my BFG KO/ATs, a little noisy on the highway, but great so far in snow and rain.

My Duralon Baja A/T widetrack tires work great in the snow and ice.

i use BFGoodrich land terrains they are a replacement for the ole trail t/a's as far as i know they are only available in canada. i would have gone with a more aggresive tire but i put a ton of pavement miles mainly hwy on each month. so i needed something that could get have decent traction as well as good wear. so far i have no complaints put about 20,000 km in 8 months still look fine for wear.

Lots of good ideas folks. Any word on Michelin LTX AT's or Dunlap Radial Rover RVXT's?

I had michelin ltx a/t's very good tread wear (i got about 75k and theres still tread left) and all around very good performer. Just got new bfg a/t's so I'll see how those do.

i love my cooper discoverer A/Ts..but i have a seperate set of studded snow tires so i dont really worry about it. but the coopers are siped all over and have outstanding snow/ice traction.

Another one for the Toyo Open Country ATs. Had some decent snow back in early December and was nothing but IMPRESSED with them. We had it all, ice, powder, wet snow and slush, and they were great.

Dan

Back