Moab 2006 Chat Thread | Page 14 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2006 Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
AspenX said:
Msupertek, SVO where are you guys?
I signed up this week. I'll be bringing my friend Chris(TxPlates) as a passenger.

I'm trying to decide where to stay. Canyonlands cabins aren't open for the dates I want.
The Silver Sage is a little more expensive than I remember. They quoted me $60-$65 today. $60 on weekdays and $65 for weekends.
I'm thinking maybe to call next the KOA for a cabin.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Silver Sage used to be owned by a church and changed ownership a couple of years ago. Once that happened, I expected the rates to go up.... what a shame, it was a truly great deal for a room in town. That's still cheap, but not nearly as cheap as it used to be.

Sorry guys I'm going to have to bow out of the run... I'm going to be in Moab, but I'll be at the Tribal Belly Dancing Drum Festival :D :p

Is that what the new and improved Branding Iron restaurant is offering in place of Lesbian Karaoke this year? :D

Hah.... I found the link to the organization putting that on..... check it out. Maybe we could plan something interesting for our group dinner :D
http://www.desertveils.org/

I know what I want for intertainment in the evening at the motel!!! :confused:

Well I might have to think about that one after watching the little video.

I came up with that group when I did a search for May events in Moab. I just wanted to see why everything was getting booked up.

Rick said:
I came up with that group when I did a search for May events in Moab. I just wanted to see why everything was getting booked up.
Yeah, sure..........like you're not a closet tribal belly dancer. :p :eek:

Motel Booked! Gofast is committed now.....

I just booked my Reservation at the Big Horn Lodge.

Silver Sage showed no vacancies. KOA Kabins may be booked, waiting on a return call but they were at $68 bucks for 4 people.

I'm arriving on the 11th ( Thurs ) and will leave Monday morning.

I'm up for a Friday run, if anyone wants too. May try a Sunrise run to Top of the World or maybe the place that Gerald mentioned.

Now to try and find a Trailer to Borrow or rent.....

Rob

ok well I called Silver sage and the guy said no problem this morning gave me a chice of rooms, maybe I better call back and confirm the days! I also emailed canyon lands and they have no cabins left except sunday night! this could be interesting :monkey:

I am not going to be to take the time off work because we have a unannouced performance audit that is going to happend this spring/summer at work and I have to be there when it happens. :(

I do have reservations at canyon land for a full RV hookup, If someone needs the site I have reserved maybe we can work something out with canyonland to transfer the reservation to you. I will not cancel my reservation till towards the end of April.

Check out the Big Horn Lodge, I have stayed there 3 or 4 times. It's right across Main from the campgrounds. 1-800-325-6171 or www.moabbighorn.com

Ford got back to me regarding coming out to our run. Before I respond I would like some input from you guys regarding what we would like them to do. I have attached the correspondence below.

Rick, I was forwarded the note you had sent to Rick Haas in December last year. You were asking if Ford would like to send a team to join you at one of your events to celebrate your 10th anniversary. We may be interested.

I would like to know what the latest information is on your specific events and what ideas you have if we are able to support with a few engineers (i.e., are you wanting Ford to be there to answer questions, bring our own trucks, etc.).

I think it would be great for them to come out just to see how some of us have done our own engineering using exhisting ford designs and adapting them to the Explorers for better performance. I don't think they really need to be there to answer any questions except, "Do you have a plan to create a vehicle that will be off road capable from the factory?" If they bring their own vehicles, we would be limited to a couple of stocker runs as they tend not to have the gumption to allow body damage. As long as the guy that bailed out of Tom's truck isn't there, than anything they want should be good.

our own engineering using exhisting ford designs and adapting them to the Explorers

AHEM
Or BII's :)

I would love for a Ford techie to poke in and around my truck.

this is AWESOME! I may have a back seat in for this run and no rear windows so one of them could ride along with me :)

Um yeah, have their engineers observe what a vehicle with solid axles front and rear can do versus an ifs/solid axle vehicle. So that if they do build another Bronco maybe they will put solid axles on it so it can compete with the Jeep Wranglers.

Diff Whack Daddy said:
As long as the guy that bailed out of Tom's truck isn't there, then anything they want should be good.

LOL :D

Diff Whack Daddy said:
As long as the guy that pee peed in Tom's truck isn't there, than anything they want should be good.

Fixed :p

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Fixed again

Bailed on Tom.

Also, bailed on Matt. What a weenie.

What about the guy that showed for the first day, then left to wheel in his Jeep.....

Still it was a great experiance. I would like to see them bring thier vehicles. We'll have stockers running too. Hopefully, they'll see the improtance of a solid axel and maybe Locker featurs like a Rubi?

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back