Iam In love!! with a Jimmy | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Iam In love!! with a Jimmy

If you buy it I want the gas tank for my explorer :p

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

haha...southpark. I hope he has fun with his new blazer... i do agree that for even 3k he could have a much more ready trail explorer. hell, that would buy rock crawlers, superswampers, warn hubs, lift, exhaust, and a front bumper with lights! if u wanted to go a different route u could probably even squeeze in some lockers

As F14crazy said, Much better trani.

Not sure about the 'newer' ones but I have many friends with late 80's Blazers they run good with the 4.3 the only issue is that every 90K the damned CPI poops. Who's idea was it to put this Fuel regulator module under the Intake manifold? Good idea putting that basically in an oven. Costly part too.

hatched91 said:
haha...southpark. I hope he has fun with his new blazer... i do agree that for even 3k he could have a much more ready trail explorer. hell, that would buy rock crawlers, superswampers, warn hubs, lift, exhaust, and a front bumper with lights! if u wanted to go a different route u could probably even squeeze in some lockers

Hell you can do an sas for less than 3k haha. I have about 700 in mine so far and all i have left to buy is a carrier for the front, tires, and axle rebuild parts! The nickle and dime rebuild parts will add up though :(

yeah you are dead on about the CPI or octapus as its often called. What a retarded idea

Arr the 4.3s high milage engines? I understand they're based on the 350 (a good thing?)

what do u mean, " high mileage engines"? Yes, they are a 350 w/ two cylinders chopped off of the block. If u mean they hold up for high mileage, then not in my experience. From the collection of cars i've had...honda is the way to go if ur looking for dependcy w/ high mileage.

I mean in the engine's longevity (not including trannys, alternators, starters, etc).

Like the Ford 4.0L is known to be a high mileage engine. So is the 7.3L Stroker. However, like the 460/7.5L isn't (they're about done after 100k)

no, not necessarily

S-10=Monster terd...

jimbo74 said:
the s10 lineup is KNOWN for being crappy, and breaking, i wouldn't drive that if they gave it to me.....

I would like the source of this info because of several, several owners I know who have all years s-10s and their jimmy counterparts, they could not say enough about their awesome reliablility and longevity.

Not trying to flame or start an argument, but it just goes against all information I've ever heard...ever (this includes other message boards I frequent where these trucks are used as good beaters). All vehicles will have known issues or things to fix but for the most part the s-10/jimmy I've heard great things about.

At least they got good trannys. Get the Advance Adapters kit and swap in a Ford Cologne 4.0L

id rather push a ford than drive a chevy

Found On Road Dead

Driver Returned On Foot

Cheapest Heap Ever Visualized Yet
Can Hear Every Valve, Rod, or Lifter Every Time
First On Race Day
For Off Road Driving

Like I said, just get the adapter kit and put a 4.0 in it. Then you'd have a good motor and a good tranny

Back