Who can "chirp" their wheels? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Who can "chirp" their wheels?

I can. 31" M/T's. 10.5". Close enough to 11 ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

After reading all the responses, I guess I should have been a little more clear. I want to look at power mods. I can't do a Chirp from a straight stand still. I want to add power (Torque) , if possible, to do one.

coach_al said:
After reading all the responses, I guess I should have been a little more clear. I want to look at power mods. I can't do a Chirp from a straight stand still. I want to add power (Torque) , if possible, to do one.

If I had to guess, I would say that your wheel/tire combo is too heavy....too much unsprung weight. Your AWD isn't helping either.

you've got 20" wheels! that's a lot of rotational mass and a large contact patch to try to chirp em from a stop w/ an auto.

I can get a chirp out of one rear tire in a turn, but then Advance trac comes on board, engages ABS on that wheel, and kills the throttle.

With it off, in wet weather I can do a power slide, spinning all 4 tires. Unfortuantly, I can't use 2wd only....my truck always engages the front axle at the slightest hint of traction loss from a rear tire.

Nope, I'm not 16, I'm 25. And it's still fun.

I'm also taking my SHO to texas world speedway in two weeks, enjoying a weekend of open tracking, 15 turns, 2.9 mile road course, very challenging, a front straight with speeds approaching 120mph. THAT is the most fun you can have with clothes on in my opinion.

i can chirp mine from a stand still... did it yesterday. I have 315/75/16 xterrains on 16x10 rims. 3.50ish gears

351w baby-no replacement for displacement

i can get my 35's to chrip with lockers everynow and then, but everytime when i take a corner, its fun, It freaks people out

I did a crazy burnout tonight freked out a bunch of drunks....it was wet though

maby some basic power mods...chip intake exaust plugs wires...

Now I feel more comfortable. From a dead standstill very few can chirp... Is it that we do not have the torque necessary, or just not unleashed?

Al you should easily be able to chirp and burn the heck out of your tires even with the 20's on it! I have an 03 V8, and before the bigger mods I have now, I just had a true dual Flowmaster 40's exhaust with an MAC intake and SCT Xcal2 tuned for 93 octane fuel and it would burn the tires off from a dead stop with no brakestanding or anything just gassing it. I have 20x8.5 Boss 306's on it which aren't exactly light either.

I can spin 'em all day long in select locations....................

LMAO!

Attachments

• On Ice.Nice try.jpg
    On Ice.Nice try.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 320

rocket 5979 said:
Al you should easily be able to chirp and burn the heck out of your tires even with the 20's on it! I have an 03 V8, and before the bigger mods I have now, I just had a true dual Flowmaster 40's exhaust with an MAC intake and SCT Xcal2 tuned for 93 octane fuel and it would burn the tires off from a dead stop with no brakestanding or anything just gassing it. I have 20x8.5 Boss 306's on it which aren't exactly light either.
Rocket thanks... I can't, so obviously I need to work on it. I think I need to start getting dyno'd and go from there....

coach_al said:
Rocket thanks... I can't, so obviously I need to work on it. I think I need to start getting dyno'd and go from there....

A dynotune at your mod level isn't really neccessary yet, $$$$ For more basic mods an email tune should be just fine. If I were you I would call whomever provided you with a tune and have them double check to make sure it was set up right. They might have not gave you enough timing off the line. That would kill low end quite a bit.

Wht Knight said:
you've got 20" wheels! that's a lot of rotational mass and a large contact patch to try to chirp em from a stop w/ an auto.

My 20's have low profile tires. The Diameter of the tire and rim is the same as stock. The are wider though....Bigger rims, Lower wider profile tires.

I do have much softer tires Eagle II's, Maybe too much traction to Chirp? Still trying.

0-60 time 7.82...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back