Need help to break into my Explorer | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need help to break into my Explorer

19XLS99 said:
Have someone at home photocopy a door key, then get it faxed/emailed to you, buy a ford keyblank and start filing by hand until it matches the photocopy

Be sure to carve it out of a bar of soap. :p

Zip tie a spare key on your frame hidden somewhere. There's about a bazillion places that will hide it well...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I used to lock my keys in my '93 all the time. With a coat hanger I can now break into any '91-'01 in less than 15 seconds. I can do it on any of the four doors. Make a hook on the hanger then push it through the seal between the window and door near the manual knob (the thing used to manually lock the doors, whatever you want to call it). Connected to that knob is a rod that runs to the lock mechinism. Hook on to that rod (you might need to feel around for it your first few tries) with the hook on the hanger and pull up. Bam! The knob will pop up and the door is open. SIMPLE.

the keyless pad is all fine and dandy till you locked the keys in the car and left your headlights on. yeah, i was that dummy

The relay trick will work. I had my buddy try it after he locked himself out of his 97 company X. He was working under the hood and locked the door with the engine running, dont know if that makes a difference.

another smart thing to do is to have 3 sets of keys, keep one set at home, your regular set, and just a single key to keep in your wallet.

I've done this ever since i was 16......boy did that save me a lot of time and embarassment :)

a solid metal screw off car antenna will give more leverage than a coat hanger...

greenbeer said:
I used to lock my keys in my '93 all the time. With a coat hanger I can now break into any '91-'01 in less than 15 seconds. I can do it on any of the four doors. Make a hook on the hanger then push it through the seal between the window and door near the manual knob (the thing used to manually lock the doors, whatever you want to call it). Connected to that knob is a rod that runs to the lock mechinism. Hook on to that rod (you might need to feel around for it your first few tries) with the hook on the hanger and pull up. Bam! The knob will pop up and the door is open. SIMPLE.
My antenna on my old explorer was bent for this, but now I just unscrew it and go threw the back window.

If you have a spare set at home with a key fob, if you use your cell phone to call home and have them hold the spare key to the phone and you put your phone next to your truck, when they hit the unlock the signal will travel through the phone and unlock your car. :eek:

Brentburtrum said:
If you have a spare set at home with a key fob, if you use your cell phone to call home and have them hold the spare key to the phone and you put your phone next to your truck, when they hit the unlock the signal will travel through the phone and unlock your car. :eek:

Urban legend. Think about it.... A remote puts out a radio frequency signal. Do you honestly think that the RF can be pciked up by an analog microphone in the cell phone, converted to a digital signal, transmitted from one phone to the other, converted back into an analog signal, and be broadcast by the analog speaker as a radio frequency to be picked-up as an RF by the module??? Not a chance!

-Joe

Yeah, I know, I just wanted to see how many people were gonna try it. :D

gijoecam said:
Urban legend. Think about it.... A remote puts out a radio frequency signal. Do you honestly think that the RF can be pciked up by an analog microphone in the cell phone, converted to a digital signal, transmitted from one phone to the other, converted back into an analog signal, and be broadcast by the analog speaker as a radio frequency to be picked-up as an RF by the module??? Not a chance!

-Joe

What if you photocopy your key fob and fax it to your cell phone and.... :confused:

Brentburtrum said:
Yeah, I know, I just wanted to see how many people were gonna try it. :D

LOL!! I sometimes forget that the collective intelligence level of this group is, on average, a bit higher than some of the other boards I visit. :)

-Joe

needliftfor97 said:
I locked my keys in my 97 explorer(power locks) and i dont have a spare set, they are at home. I cant afford to pay someone without trying myself as i am a poor college student. Anyone successful in breaking into theres?

I have been there and done that more times than I will **EVER** admit. Many times in the dead cold of Alaska which necessitates a QUICK entry method. I found a GREAT way to get in to MANY Ford vehicles and trucks. It will also raise your paranoia level ever so slightly.

Take a flat blade screw driver...normal size. Lift up your door handle and on many applications you will see it has the dual connectors into the door frame. Where those connectors go in (pardon the lack of technical termonolgy here) you will see a small gap on both sides. Ford was goodly enough in many of their vehicles to put the door lock knob with the associated linkage RIGHT above the rear opening and the linkage behind the door handle is not only threaded but is straight. If you are clever enough, you should be able to get that screwdriver into one of the gooves there and be able to push it up. You will need to go in at a down angle and you will feel it when you hit it.

I have done this on MANY of my Ford vehicles many times. I can't guarantee it won't cause any damage but it never has on mine and I can't imagine what if anything that it would break. So long as you are careful there is no reason you can't get into your vehicle using this method in less than 10 seconds or so. I used to have a Ranger without a keyfob that I would constantly lock myself out of so I started carrying said screwdriver in the bed of my truck. Friends would ask why that rusted out screw driver was always there and I always explained that it was my spare key. :cool:

hey guys i have a 96 sport and i learned this trick from a buddy of mine that was a repo man, lift up you driver or pasenger side door handle, hold it up, you should see the slots where the handle swings out stick a flat head screw driver in the slot closest to the lock push it in until you feel the metal arm that is connected to the door lock and push/pry up. heres a pic to get a better idea
Picture087.jpg

nvrhapy said:
hey guys i have a 96 sport and i learned this trick from a buddy of mine that was a repo man, lift up you driver or pasenger side door handle, hold it up, you should see the slots where the handle swings out stick a flat head screw driver in the slot closest to the lock push it in until you feel the metal arm that is connected to the door lock and push/pry up. heres a pic to get a better idea
Picture087.jpg

Thank you for saying the same thing that I was trying to say, only without being so long winded and actually showing photos!

Its a great little trick!

Great....Now i have to go get my alarm installed asap....good idea though

this is a scary little topic. tyhese cars are way to easy to get into. Next time, ill have to try the back window trick. However, I carry a copy of my key (a non chipped copy that only opens the doors) in my wallet. Locked out twice, and had to page a locksmith, spent enuff them 2 times to worry about doing it again. I used the same locksmith both times (About a year apart) and he remembered, so he made me a free copy the second time.

I don't see how you guys were able to push the unlock button. I tried with my dads Explorer and I just couldn't get it to go. I eventually took a coat hanger and bent a small U shape at the end and put it though the rear window and pulled up on the rear hatch lock and it came right up. If I would have thought of it from the get go I could have had it done in under a minute.

Im so glad I have a keypad on my Explorer. Im just worried that I will leave my lights on with the keys inside and the battery dies. Then I'm screwed.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

dont try to get under it and lift up, the door will not unlock with the handle fully lifted, you just want to push against the lever at an upward angle with the handle as far down as possible.

Back