Any more new englanders here? | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Any more new englanders here?

anythingnew in the works.. as for a sunday wheeling day,,,

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Assuming that was a question...:p...nothin for this Sunday, but as for next Sunday I'll be wheeling with the PA/NJ/MD gang over near Paragon. Any of y'all are welcome to come. Unfortunately I'd recommend driving or riding with someone besides me as I'm also visiting friends over there who are flying up (and will already be riding with me) and have my own agenda for the 3 days I'm not wheelin...

I'm wheelin cuz I already was making plans to be in the area.

3 days wow i am talking about a sunday afternoon thing a few hours at the most..
that is a little too far to drive. at least for a sunday afternoon romp on some trails.

never have 2 days at the same time. since working 3rd shift.. my weekend starts after i get home saturday mornign at 9 am and then i have to sleep. so my weekeing is 5 pm on saturday till work time at 11 pm on monday

izackary said:
Dude...is there anywhere in RI to go off-roading? the state seems so dinky...it's like 3 cities in Massachusett's back lawn. ;) Wherebouts there are ya?

i know tons of places in rhode island for offroading let me know if you want to know

maybe after this broken gear of mine is fixed

izackary said:
maybe after this broken gear of mine is fixed

I hope you get it fixed soon, it bites that your X is sidelined right now :(

S4explorer said:
i know tons of places in rhode island for offroading let me know if you want to know
But are these places legal?

DeRocha said:
But are these places legal?
It's only illegal if you get caught! :D

;)

if they are legal, i would definitely be game for a meet

izackary said:
It's only illegal if you get caught! :D
;)
Its hard to out run the Five-Oh with a busted 8.8 ring & pinion :D

I stopped by Leonards performance in taunton today.. They want $1K to regear and replace all bearing and seals for the D35 and 8.8...

DeRocha said:
Its hard to out run the Five-Oh with a busted 8.8 ring & pinion :D

I stopped by Leonards performance in taunton today.. They want $1K to regear and replace all bearing and seals for the D35 and 8.8...

Ouch!!! How ya doing John?

As far as places to offroad in Rhode Island , a guy at my church told me he knew of a place you could wheel in the sand, never pinned him down on the location though

SoBeLover said:

Ouch!!! How ya doing John?

As far as places to offroad in Rhode Island , a guy at my church told me he knew of a place you could wheel in the sand, never pinned him down on the location though

Hi Sandy.. I've been ok, just very busy with work since last sept... I already picked up my gears and master rebuild kits and will be having a shop install them this week. I just don't have the time or experience to setup gears at the moment.. How was the vacation in vermont?

John, I just got an idea: what if I find a late model SOA ranger axle? As far as I know, they've been 31-spline 8.8 for a few years, correct?

DeRocha said:
Hi Sandy.. I've been ok, just very busy with work since last sept... I already picked up my gears and master rebuild kits and will be having a shop install them this week. I just don't have the time or experience to setup gears at the moment.. How was the vacation in vermont?

My vacation was just wonderful, I didn't want to come home! I'm looking into renting a cottage on the Lake Champlain Islands for August 6-13 after the Jamboree. My girls love it up there as much as I do, so my decision to relocate is pretty much set for summer 2007.

Getting rid of my '92 Sport, the pump seal went and leaks when I drive, it's gotten to the point that I'm putting tranny fluid into it every time I drive it, I've already put more money into it than what was paid for it, and there is so much to be fixed and it's not worth it for a 14 year old vehicle, so it's time to retire the old girl, just have to wait to get my new vehicle.The guy I bought the vehicle from, had purchased it for his dad from a dealer, 6 weeks after he got it, the dad decided he didn't like it so he sold it. The only thing is that here in Connecticut, it can take the DMV 8-12 weeks to issue the title in the new owner's name, longer if the previous title was from out of state. I know, I bought my Explorer from a woman who bought it at auction and decided not to register it, buying a car instead. Last registration, before I registered it was in Vermont, so it took six months to receive the title from the CT DMV.

So I gave him a deposit and had him sign legal papers that he would sell the vehicle to me when the title came or refund my deposit. Who ever had this vehicle before this guy, took very good care of it. the engine looked like it came right off the factory floor, clean inside and out, no oil or fluid leaks......very well maintained. Only two minor scratches on the bumper that are easy to fix.

Vehicle is a 1998 Explorer Sport, the color is called Pacific Green according to the research I did, and this truck purrs like a kitten, I can't wait to get it!! Kelley Blue Book value.....$8K, I got it for $4K

Here's a pic of it in the online ad, even though he's already sold it, it will probably run one more week, depending on how long he paid to run it.

http://www.bargainnews.com/viewad.cfm?Show_Notepad=Yes&bnAd_ID=6194751&TheDealer=0

Central Maine

I live in Fairfield Maine. I just got my 98 sport about a month ago, but i look foward to having fun with it!!!!

no upgrades, yet, but i will be getting a grille guard soon. (its a start ;) )

If anyone wants to meet up, just ask, im on AIM quite a bit. My screenname is jezzabitz.

I live in Fairfield Maine. I just got my 98 sport about a month ago, but i look foward to having fun with it!!!!

no upgrades, yet, but i will be getting a grille guard soon. (its a start ;) )

If anyone wants to meet up, just ask, im on AIM quite a bit. My screenname is jezzabitz.

Welcome Jezzabitz.. You'll find lots of info on this site regarding your explorer..
John D.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back