• Register Today It's free!

Help-electrical

Yellowcard

Reaction score
City, State
El Monte, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 XLT
Ok guys I have a problm... After putting a 1994 5.0 in my 1991 ranger and dealing with all of thoes problems I have been stumped by this. When I did the swap I all most all of the harnus from the 1994 mustang that I pulled the motor from. The problem is that now I need to mate the mustang wiring harnus to the ranger power door locks and windows. The mustang had both power windows and doors. I spen many hours trying to get the compnation right. I have both factory wring manual and I still could not get this to wrok. I have a feeling that they changed the way the switches operated. But I am not sure, I can not tell from the dirgam. Some one out there pleas help. I love driving the truck but not being able to roll the window down makes long trips a no go at the moment. Help!!!

You used the Mustang power distribution harness in your 91 truck?

Anything else not working? Cig lighter? Dome lamps?
Sounds to me like you missed a power feed to the dash mounted fuse panel, or to the 91 power ditribution harness.
I hope you have checked the fuses? Since you said you have been trying to find the right combination this could have friend some circuits if you shorted them out.

Your 91 likely had a fuse in the power distribution block under the hood that feeds the power windows and locks.
Or the power windows and locks get their power from the fuse panel in your dash. A simple voltage test will tell you if the correct fuse(s) are getting + power with the key on. If not, then there is your problem.

You should have mated the Mustang PCM harness into your trucks 91 power ditribution and body harness.

Did you use the Mustang headlight harness as well?

I have the entier harness out of the mustang in the truck. When I say the harness I mean the whole thing tip to tail. All of the power boxes for the must are mounted including the harness out of the dash. I tied the fule pump and the tail lights in right behind the cab. For that I used the truck side and spliced it in to the mustangs where the entire front of the truck is the mustang. I also in stalled the mustang air box and controls in the cab to gain a little bit of room in the engin bay. I also used the mustang's gauge pod. Yes all the fuses are good and nothing is fired. I have even taken the time to go threw the dirgram and check all the wires. I have tried going to what they should be but it does not work. The mustang had a key less entry but it did not work when I pulled but the door locks and windows did so I know they work. So any segestion would be great. I would have done what you sugested but in the process of installing the motor I canged over to an engin cage with an all tube front end so this worked out better. If you go HERE you can see some of it.

Back