Illinois - Wisconsin MEET & GREET 2006 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Illinois - Wisconsin MEET & GREET 2006

Dre

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Chicago
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 FPIU
I have discussed it with Splashman and think it's a good idea to go back to our annual tradition of getting together for a little "Meet and greet". Spring is just around the corner so it should be plenty warm at the end of April. Giving a months notice will give everyone a chance to plan their schedules ahead a bit.

Is it possible to meet perhaps at the Volo Car Museum in Volo, IL on April 22nd or 23rd???

either Sat. or Sun. lets vote on that.

I would like to get as many guys and girls as well as possible - truck doesn't have to be modified... could be stock - Explorers, Rangers and Mountys are welcome - other cars and trucks are fine as well... just as long as we can meet and get to know each other once again.

SIGN-UP PEOPLE!!! :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would be down for that. It is only about 10 miles from where I live. :thumbsup:

sadly i cant make it. i have a tournament and wont be available the 22&23. :(

sorry rocket, i dont get to drool over your kenne bell in person.

I know that it might not be perfect date for everyone... hope a few makes it... we can start from there.

22nd I can't do... I'll be in atlanta. I suppose I can make the drive, even though in the previous week i will have driven an explorer for about 3000mi... I can haul up in the dodge for the afternoon I suppose. The bronco is no way road ready..

SplashMan said:
With my second job I honestly won't know if I can make it until the week before. Sunday afternoons would be best for me and Volo is less busy on Sundays I think also.

I don't have the Explorer anymore guys. But I'd love to come and see some of you fools again.

Im up for it. Just gotta talk to my boss and see if I can have the day off. My explorer dont work anymore, but I can drive down in my camaro, and get to know everyone

Sure wish I could join you guys again:( But... we'll cya at Attica!

So let's set our sites on Sunday then, Sunday around noon... how's that???

;)

Even if you drive a VW Beetle these days... more than welcome to come.

:thumbsup:

It'll be great to get the old pack and the new guys together... need to put some faces to those nicks...

im in... havent been to Volo in years.. gota see if the splorer will make it..

Im In

Deff. Sunday at noon sounds good to me i will be there...

then Sunday April 23 in the afternoon works best for most... we'll just meet somewhere in the parking lot, where we can get enough room to park all our trucks together for a group shot... hope weather cooperates. :thumbsup:

Dre said:
then Sunday April 23 in the afternoon works best for most... we'll just meet somewhere in the parking lot, where we can get enough room to park all our trucks together for a group shot... hope weather cooperates. :thumbsup:

I'm in old man.. Me and my "Beetle " will be there.. Even if I drive a 03 20th Anny. Edition GTI sucka fool :). I may even let you drive it, so you know what a fast slammed car feels like.

Keep me in the loop as the dates moves closer. As you can imagine, I don't get here much anymore.

COMMOCOZY said:
I'm in old man.. Me and my "Beetle " will be there.. Even if I drive a 03 20th Anny. Edition GTI sucka fool :). I may even let you drive it, so you know what a fast slammed car feels like.

Keep me in the loop as the dates moves closer. As you can imagine, I don't get here much anymore.

How's about weeeee uuuuuunpimmmmmmp your auto? :p :D

man a 5hr drive for me..seems well worth it! not in for sure yet though.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well, well... I didn't expect this but well... what can you do?

As some might remember I'm into older VW's myself... and that Beetle was the first thing that came into my mind and was used only to point out that no matter what you drive these days you are more than wlecome to come to the meeting...

I might even get my 64 VW Bus out of storage for this!!!

anyway, Brian is right... we might be able to use your car to check flex on some of the better built trucks...
:D

everyone is invited... even if you don't drive an Explorer anymore... you might catch that bug once again.
;)

Back