Who has the most miles on 2nd gen X | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Who has the most miles on 2nd gen X

42k on my 2002 4.0 sohc...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

197kish on my 99 sport. No cassettes. 2-3 IAC's. etc

95 Sport - 198k

I win hands down for the 99 class, 312,550. All ive replaced was the brakes and changed the oil.

wow which engine???

my x has 310.590k and it is still going it is a 93

got mine at 0k and now it has 124k (96)

I don't have my prior two, but my 92 had 252xxx when I sold it in 1998, and my 95 had 229xxx when I sold it in 2001. My current 94 has 165 on the nose, but I just got it.

168,000 on a 98. Just cracked the right head and I am getting ready to tear into that :( Been a great vehicle til now :D

98 xlt - 168k
It just cracked the right head so I am getting ready to tear into that mess.
Been a good vehicle til now :)

I have a 1998 SOHC with 223,000 miles on it. The only thing I replaced have been brakes, starter, thermostat, and serpentine belt. Its been a great truck so far.

what316 said:
my x has 310.590k and it is still going it is a 93

Impressive but your's is not a 2nd gen :)

95 limited - 318,000 miles

Top that!

Would still be good except for what happened Friday on the way home from work!

Rebuilt tranny around 180,000, new alternator, replaced radiator, fuel pump, ball joints, catalytic converters. Regular oil changes w/ synthetic oil.

I want another one!

289,000 ish miles on my 05. :)

I just rolled 216,000 on my 95, just got back from a 2,000 mile trip to Colorado and the only thing that failed on it was a relay for my electric fan.

I've had to put a new radiator, heater core, water pump and head gaskets on it recently, but other than that it's been just humming along, though it's starting to get the lifter clack from a worn pushrod or rocker arm. it's still working on it's factory alternator, A/C Compressor & charge, power steering pump, starter, tranny, etc. all the ball joints are factory (though due for replacement very soon)

Back