PCV spewing oil? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

PCV spewing oil?

Lazzman said:
Believe me it happend I will show you the dyno tests soon.

The temp used to be below 1/4 gauge and the engine took forever to warm up. Now the gauge is back where it is supposed to be a hair below halfway and it doesn't move.

That is one of the reasons I used the red line because it fools your PCM into thinking the air is cooler than it is and increases your fuel charge.

You don't seem able to rerport the operating temperatures? Did you not check them?

Those idiot gauges are worthless; report actual temperatures.

Water Wetter is simply a surfactant. There is no magic involved dealing with the PCM. Further, it does not lower the temperature much or at all; yes, I have done a lot of testing of it and found it to basically do nothing for me.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:confused: Al, go to bed, you to Lazz, future posts to the above will need to be well thought out.
Is very complex Chit :confused:

Can I put a K&N breather filter in my Valve cover and do away with the tube that runs to the intake? Will this effect the way the truck runs?

Bringing back this thread from the semi-dead, I pulled out my PCV tonight and was thoroughly worried by what I saw. Check it out:

Picture.jpg

I hadn't changed the thing in at least 18 months so maybe that's normal but seeing a dried coating of motor oil didn't make me feel too good. I check the engine oil regularly and have never had a drop of oil leak; is this a sign that I've got major problems internally?

Edit: I realize the picture sucks (I cannot get my digital camera to focus well without using the flash) but you get the idea.

Well, just tonight I FINALLY found my PCV on my '97 5.0 (which is not where most say it is). But my PCV is black. I can say that it had oil deposits all in it. I will also admit that it has been in there for 135k miles. I have a new one somewhere, but it's an aftermarket. A lot of people say to get the OEM, but it seems like a pretty simple device, so I don't know if it really matter. I haven't seen an explanation yet in this thread as to what it means (if anything) for there to be oil on it.

I don't know what mine was doing anyway. I was tracing out hoses with my hand and the hose came out like it wasn't even attached to anything, and the PCV was stuck in the end of it.

Back