• Register Today It's free!

New (to me) Explorer

gr8scott

Reaction score
City, State
Brandon, MS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ford Explorer XLS
Just wanted to say hi to everyone as I just joined the forum. I just bought a 2000 Explorer XLS with 75k miles in really good shape for $4,200 including brand new tires. (One of the few perks to being in the car business.) Me and my co-worker just spent a couple of hours cleaning it up; cut/buff, polish, vacuum, etc. I'll get some pictures of it up later tonight.

I've got lots of reading and learning to do in order to know enough to do everything to this thing myself. I like to do all the maintenance stuff since I don't know when anything was done.

This is the first domestic vehicle I have ever owned and I bought it to replace a 93 Infiniti J30t with 188k miles becuase I would think this would be cheaper to maintain than the J30.

2006-05-19001.jpg

2006-05-19002.jpg

2006-05-19011.jpg

2006-05-19017.jpg

2006-05-19015.jpg

2006-05-19016.jpg

2006-05-19018.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi and welcome to the site.
Sounds like you got a great deal on your truck!
I have the same truck and still owe more on mine with 110K miles then you paid for yours with 75K! LOL :)

marragtop said:
Here's a link to where you can download the service CD if needed. http://www.fordcds.com/

Thanks. I'll look into that here in a little bit.

I just added some pictures. Tell me what you think.

Welcome to the site. Thats a very nice truck, very clean also. :thumbsup:

welcome! glad you found the best web site for the explorer!

Nice looking ex. You better have that "door ajar" light looked at could be a problem ;)

Lt.Jim said:
Nice looking ex. You better have that "door ajar" light looked at could be a problem ;)

So far the only problem I've noticed is that it uses a little coolant. I read on here it might be the intake manifold gasket? Since we have 3 cars right now, I think I'll let my wife drive the other one and start tearing it apart and see what I can find.

Is there anything I should do "while I'm in there"?

Oh, we filled it up last night after a week of driving and the first tank got 18 mpg even with my lead foot driving for a good bit of that.

welcome
very pretty explorer
lots of potential there !!

LOL, I wish my engine bay were that clean! :)
Looks good!

Back