• Register Today It's free!

My Little Sport

Joshh

Reaction score
City, State
Princeton, wv
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 Explorer Sport
Here is what i have gonig on so far with my 95 Xsport. Its a 4.0/5speed/4x4. I bought it completely stock and have thus changed only a few little things. Here are some pics.
Here is how it looked when the night began.
744334340_l.jpg

then came the elbow grease and intense amounts of swearing.
744335118_l.jpg

mike%20004.jpg

mike%20007.jpg

which got it to this, lifted on 235's
mike%20010.jpg

744334721_l.jpg

and then came the meats...35x12.50's
mike%20014.jpg

mike%20015.jpg

mike%20016.jpg

mike%20017.jpg

over all the lift consists of the pa 3" body lift, completely cranked tt, 4dr leaf packs, 1 aal, and warrior shackles. The pics honestly dont due it justice for the height. Im 5'10" and i have to give it a considerable hop it get in. I havent got any measurements yet because im waiting to get the right bumper brackets that i forgot to get. I jsut wanted to share some progress. I have the 4"superlift and im donig a SOA in the rear when i get another day off of work, so look foward.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you should either get rid of your aal or shackle and let your t-bars down a little bit after you get that 4" superlift up front so you don't ruin your cv's...and you're gonna have way too much lift in the rear if you do an soa..but i like it..

white96x said:
you should either get rid of your aal or shackle and let your t-bars down a little bit after you get that 4" superlift up front so you don't ruin your cv's...and you're gonna have way too much lift in the rear if you do an soa..but i like it..

I've never seen a CV axle fail prematurely due to a TT. I'd recommend keeping the aal or shackles in case you have issues related to leaf spring sag. I got a feeling your truck is gonna have those issues. Even if you do a SOA, it gives you roughly 5-6" inches of lift so the 1.5 to 2 inches of TT will help unless you get custom deaver springs or other custom ones. Definately get an alignment, you got some serious camber issues going on in the front end.

I bet you can't turn worth a damn with the 35,s.....My Sport looked as tame as yours when I first got it....You just gotta love the feeling when the you get the bug to modify :D

Your Sport looks really good :thumbsup:

ill adjust the rear as needed when i do the SOA. ive already thought about it. Yes camber is bad. and i know i need alignment. i can turn fine, i have no rubbing issues...after i trimmed lol

damn fix that rear bumper...lol other then that it looks great what are you running for gears?......you should put some gap guards on the front and rear(pond lining and some plastic rivits)....for looks and protection.

im waiting for the correct bumper brackets to come it

Nice, get the camber fixed and how about sliders? I don't know about Sports, but can you cut some of the rocker panel off and then sliders for some more ground clearance?

:thumbsup: can't wait to see it done

im just curious.......why does your truck look the same from when it was stock to when it had the 35's on it(i mean the dirt on the sides).....lol (random thought)

the dirt?? lol i went mudding like two days before i did the lift and i never washed it. Some of the dirt was brushed off during the progress so it actually came out cleaner than it went it.

oo i thought it was over a long time when it had the 235's to the 35's not like 2 days.......i see

haha read the previous post

btw nice truck

Let me know when you SOA. I've got a sport with the TT, spindles, and longer torsion bolts, and an SOA in the rear (4dr leafs). But my driver's side leaf spring is starting to separate, and the whole thing rides like crud. Are there leafs that can go back to SUA, but are 5" taller than stock? That might be better for the suspension. Just may not look as cool / have quite the ground clearance......
Karl

Deaver or National will make a pack that will yield 4-4.5" or slightly higher depending on how stiff you want the ride..

Honestly, I don't want the ride very stiff. Too many headaches.....
Karl

all goes well i will be doing it this weekend...ill keep ya posted

karl_burns said:
Honestly, I don't want the ride very stiff. Too many headaches.....
Karl
what i meant was that it will be stiff if you want to go higher than 4-4.5" because i don't know about national, but deaver designed their explorer leaves to give approximately 4-4.5" so if you want higher, that means more leaves and a stiffer ride...but if you need 5-5.5" and you still wanna be SUA just throw a shackle on there

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back