Gatorblazer's Elite | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Gatorblazer's Elite

Gatorblazer's Elite (Updated)

***********Continually updating. Check the end of the thread for new stuff*****

Due to the large amount of cash I have saved due to this site, and because I have two of these wonderful SUV's, I decided to become elite. I would love to post pics, but am having a bit of trouble. So until then, I will tell a little about myself and the Explorer's.

My wife and I live in Bham with our doglike cat Putter. He is a stray I found while working on a sewer replacement. He sounds like a little Briggs motor just putting around, so she named him Putter. We have two Explorer's a 93 and a 95 both 2wd. The 95 is a salvage title (rolled 4 times) with 175K and no problems, no leaks. Best car Ive ever had. Mine is a bit different. It leaks oil and only has 126K with a clean title. Lesson learned, only buy rolled Fords. But I love it anyways.

I'm currently searching for the elusive law enforcement job (everything require "experience", which is hard to get if no one will hire you), while the wife is finishing nursing school. I'll shoot them, she'll patch them. Our kids will be so screwed up!

Currently I being forced to wait on mods due to the wife's tution, however she is very supportive of my "hobby". No problems waiting, we've paid cash for school this way and are DEBT FREE! I have the XM backed by the cheap Walmart tape deck, super cool anti-theft shelf in the cargo area, and Rod Saver Fishing rod holders. Once again, pics would be nice but still having trouble.

Thank you all for all the tips, both past present and future!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank you. This is the greatest state!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

I live in Fultondale. Bout one mile north of ya.

We should have a "bama" meet :) My club is having one here soon.

when and where

C'mon, you know I am in okinawa. Actually right now I am in Pattaya Thailand. Fun fun fun.

i will be in Auburn all summer working and going to class but i dont know what this "class" thing is but if anyone out there know could you please tell me and pics of this "class" would be great

Just FYI, now that you're Elite with a photo gallery. You don't have to "attach" pictures anymore, you can open your gallery in another window and click on them to get the codes and jus copy and paste like so:

[b][img]pictureurlhere.jpg[/b]
This way your not limited to as small of a size or the amount of pictures in one post. See below there is no "attached image" box. Congrats on the Eliteness :thumbsup:

Right_Corner_pic.jpg

Froader, Thanks for the tip. Think that is what ive been missing.

Class is the thing the chalkboard, lots of people, and horrible parking(UAB). I'm done with it for now (BS Justice Science) so I cant take pics. Give me a year and I'll attempt the masters.

LCPL, guessing your USMC?

Chic, still waiting on info.

This summer we're shooting for another Nashville trip.... got info in the sXc section on the site.

Just wanted to say hey from over here in Tuscaloosa!

Haha! I didn't realize there were so many alabama folks on here, even if some do go to AU!

i know this can go own for days but all i have to say is that auburn is a much better place than that other school

Well UAB is even better. We cant beat anyone at anything, but we darn sure can put a medical building on a run down city block in a hurry.

We're moving to Trussville mid June. Anyone want to help? Sounds like Ex2 and RHBlue have the summer off from classes.....

I wish I had the summer off, but I'll be taking classes.

Got moved this weekend. Have 50 acres doing nothing right in front of the house. Has a pond, lots of field, and I think some trails. Will check them out this weekend with my brother and his Cherokee. Always good to take two trucks when you go. Gotta love the country!

yeah i wish i had the summer off 8am classes are not fun any time but they really suck in the summer

Update!

Ok, I've been gone for a while, lots to update.

1) Changed jobs a year ago. Now working for a large distribution company in one of our new divisions. I absolutely love it
2) Moved (again) to Moody. Found a good forclosure that stunk like hell (cat pee and rat #$^#). One month of renovation after work, 5 gal of Odoban, and 15 gal of Kilz later, we have a house that has $40k of instant equity.
3)93 is gone. Traded it for 6 months rent on our last place. That gave us much needed free budget to do the renovations on our new house
4) Bedlined the 96. It was going to cost $1500+ to paint the thing, and my company reps Herculiner........end result was a very durable coating that cost around $70 to do myself. The money saved was used to convert my boat from stick steer to console drive.

Let me know what you think.

Before
Chinnabe_pic.jpg

After
IMG00013.jpg

Cheap, gas friendly bass boat.
Boat.jpg

Example of the House before
P1010437.jpg

Everything must go!
PIC-0009.jpg

Almost finished
2P1010444.jpg

congrads on being elite

Back