got my saleen style wing. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

got my saleen style wing.

i got my wing from David(CobraXP) today. i love this thing! a big thanks goes out to him. i will be stoping by my painters tomarrow to see about getting it painted/installed. anyway i thought i'd post the pics. :D

5-31-06002Small2.jpg

5-31-06003Small2.jpg

5-31-06004Small2.jpg

5-31-06019Small2.jpg

5-31-06020Small2.jpg

5-31-06008Small2.jpg

5-31-06007Small.jpg

5-31-06021Small.jpg

5-31-06018Small2.jpg

5-31-06009Small2.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sweet cant wait so see it painted and mouted.

Damn, you got lucky and got a saleen wing. Saweeeet.

-Rich

Makes your hatch look better... more finished off. :cool:

its not a real saleen wing. it is a KIA sadona wing..that has been cut down and fiberglassed. it looks much like the stock saleen wing tho.

thanks section!!

I'd leave it as it is - tape and all :thumbsup: ha

Looks cool

-Drew

lol EWW

it will be painted and installed by my body guy here soon i hope. i just have to talk w/him.

churd69 said:
Damn, you got lucky and got a saleen wing. Saweeeet.

-Rich

It's faux Saleen, fabbed by CobraXP from a Kia wing if I remember correctly. He does good work.

EDIT: I see AK already answered.

I like that wing...
What did he charge you for it ?
I want one for my "EX"

It's gorgeous... is he making more?

Now I'm gonna have to go out and find a '98 XLT 5.0 AWD to put it on... Blah

i *think* hes making 2 more and thats it..i got very lucky and have been waiting awhile. i'm so glad it worked out..it really finishes off my trucks hatch like section said.

i payed $275 + shipping..but seeing as how real saleen wings are going for almost double that if you can find one..its not bad at all..i'm happy i did it...will be moreso once its painted and installed.

i like it a lot. It streamlines the X. Are you going today to the painters?

why only two more?

lol

I've run out of spare time to make them. Too much travel for work and not enough spare time to make them anymore. I bought 6 of them and sold the last two this weekend. Its not that hard to modify, I just don't have the time for all the projects I've got going, so something had to give. I'll probably make more later when I get some other things done.

Thanks David, for the last wing. I'll send you my address, phone number etc. soon. Night,

CDW6212R said:
Thanks David, for the last wing. I'll send you my address, phone number etc. soon. Night,

Don, I'm glad you took that wing in many ways! I would have been dead had I done the deal. My marriage is far too important to me. :D

I'll wait for the elusive "real" Saleen wing. :p

It's good for me as well, this will get me started. The wing is little compared to what a custom hood may cost. I'd also like to find an XP8 front bumper cover, I like those the best. Regards,

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

jtsmith said:
why did 96limitedx get banned?
wondering the same thing...

Back