PA(Public Address) System for my X.. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

PA(Public Address) System for my X..

what if you cut a hole were the top cubby is int he center consol is and shoved the cb in there used some bondo and glassed it in so it sat flush?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

okay, i have a pa system in my explorer, you must have a compatiable cd radio for pa. right now i just have an external speaker till i get a new pa horn cuz my other one got ####ed up, i mounted my pa infront of the washer fluid tub, there was a small bar and i drilled holes in it and mounted it. im an expert all the pas and cbs, ive gone through 4 cbs and i install them for anyone who needs them. you could also try in front of your radiator or on top of your hood if you have a waterproof one. message me with any questions

also for my cb, i put it where the ciggarted lighter used to be, though it wouldnt fit, i cut out all the excess plastic and it slid right in, it was tedious and frustrating at times, but it was much better than a mount because theres nothing really solid or secure enough to hold it. plus it left ugly holes in my car. try that if your willing to take it out

Ok, so I know WHERE I want to mount it, now I just need to figure out... HOW? :(

You can buy a cb mount kit at any truck stop.

Now I need to figure out where to install a radio scanner.. Getting one from my ARC chapter.

Get your HAM license while your at it and get a HAM radio in your truck. Then you can be command central. J/K

A1C_Snowman said:
Get your HAM license while your at it and get a HAM radio in your truck. Then you can be command central. J/K
Haha, hell yeah. Mobile command center* You can never be too safe these days! I don't know jack about HAM radio's or I'd do it. :p

I bought a console from Havis Shield to hold my CB/ PA, scanner, and switch panels. Its a bit pricey ($200) but it looks great with everything installed. I also got the upgraded cupholders because I got tried of one cupholder being larger than the other. I'll get some pics and post them up.

Back