• Register Today It's free!

Need Help!1995 Stock CD System

Bakari

Reaction score
City, State
AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Eddie Baurer
I recently purchased a 1995 Eddie Baurer Explorer, it came with a stock cassette player, I want to change it to a stock indash CD..what years are compatable & will the stock cassette/CD player work in my 1995 EB?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

95, 96, and 97. But you have to match it with the level of stereo it has now. Which will probably be Premium.

It's easier and most cost effective to go aftermarket. Plus it'll sound better.

TTG said:
95, 96, and 97. But you have to match it with the level of stereo it has now. Which will probably be Premium.

It's easier and most cost effective to go aftermarket. Plus it'll sound better.
x2.....im not sure about 97 though....when did ford move the amp from the rear cargo area to the HU?....i know my 96 has an external amp.

98+ has the internal amps.

Thanks. I don't know much about stereo equipment & my husband knows even less lol. What type of "aftermarket" system would you suggest? All i know is I want a good sounding CD player..IF i could put in a CD/cassette that would be gr8 as I over 300 cassettes..I love my music :).

go alpine cus they have a nice cd/cassette

go to crutchfield.com and take a look at there selection... they are high in price but
take a look to see what u like

Pioneer and Kenwood both make nice double DIN units, they'll look closest to stock that you'll get.

I'd say get an MP3 CD player and copy your cassettes over to your ocmputer, then burn them as MP3 files onto a CD. Finding a unit that does cassettes and CDs will be rough, as cassettes are totally outdated.

MP3 CD player

TTG, that sounds like a cool idea, Thanks! I don't know much about MP3 players and love the idea of being able to copy my cassettes to burn to a CD. What brands do you suggest and would I need any special program on my computer to do this? Thanks again & hagd!

Questions I forgot to ask...how do you copy the cassettes over to the computer & do you have to buy a seperate iPod? I am new to all this, if you could show me some type of system to look at it would be much appreciated.

Bakari said:
Questions I forgot to ask...how do you copy the cassettes over to the computer & do you have to buy a seperate iPod? I am new to all this, if you could show me some type of system to look at it would be much appreciated.

I have done this.. you need the cassette player to plug into the backl of your computer via the sound card. it might take you a few tries to get it right., but very very simple...

Bakari said:
TTG, that sounds like a cool idea, Thanks! I don't know much about MP3 players and love the idea of being able to copy my cassettes to burn to a CD. What brands do you suggest and would I need any special program on my computer to do this? Thanks again & hagd!

In order for u to be able to make cds or mp3 cds out of ur cassettes u need a computer that is capable of burning cds a tape player a couple cables and a lot a LOT of pattience, i would highly recomend u making mp3 cds as they can hold 150 or more song per cd. i would buy a double din radio capable of cd's mp3's and cassettes.

ok..my computer IS capable of burning CD's..so, what type of tape player do I need to hook uo to the computer & what is a double DIN radio?? like I said I am new at all this & it is confusing..sorry for all the questions.

any tape player that has RCA outputs or a headphone jack

Explorer come factory with a double din radio and its "bigger" than standar radios this dosnt make it better or worst u can install either a single din or double din radio on an explorer i have a single din myself but if u wanna listen to cassettes i would reconmend u to get a double din as most of them can be obtained with both a cd player and cassette player.

BY NO MEANS DO I ENCOURAGE ANY1 TO GET PYLE RADIOS but this is the first pic that i found of a double din radio

ca_1_b.jpg

now here is a single din "normal" radio

4a_1.jpg

here is a pic of my radio its a single din with an adapter to make it fit in a double din space...

dont mind the bracket as i installed it for my tv screen

746039_21_full.jpg

Thanks for all the info...much appreciated. I have been looking at the Alpine MP3 CD players not sure what all the different model #'s mean but I guess i wil learn this too lol...for right now until I deside what system I wan to put in I will just have to use a portable CD player. Everyone here has been very helpful..you guys rock!

whenever the time comes for u to buy a new deck make sure u let us know that way we can make sure ur getting the right thing and most importantly at the right price =]

OK, the time has come to start shopping for a CD player for this 1995 Eddie Bauer...forget the MP3 players...I found an easier way to replace my old cassettes lol. What do you recomend for a double din CD player..at least a 200watts. I looked on ebay just to get an idea of what was out there and did find a Kenwood I liked but I think it is an older one :( it is the Kenwood DPX-440. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

OH, BTW, the portable CD player wont work in the stock cassette player, it kicks the mock cassette out. Not sure if this is because the stock cassette player doesn't have the "CD" button or not.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The portable CD player WILL in fact work with the stock cassette IF it has the CD button....
I am now in search of a stock 6 disk head unit...as you all(or most) know the 1995 units have a dip I guess you would call it behind the face plate..is this going to make a huge differance or will a straight unit fit? I know the plugs will not match but this is easily remedied by a plug jack I found out :) I would go with an aftermarket but hubby wants to stay with the stock & since HE is paying well....you know how that goes lol

Back