My new 06 F150

JoshC

Only rolled it once honey
Reaction score
City, State
Culloden, WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 4d OHV
Well, i was offered a new job with in the company i work for, McJunkin, and they said they would give me a company truck, so i took it. Bad part is i got rid of my dream truck:

483621.jpg

But by selling it i was able to save about $600 a month in payment and fuel costs, not to mention maintance and insurance.

Here is my new work truck. 06 F150 XL with cruise, tilt, AC, Cd player, 4wd, bucket seats, painted to match topper, spray in bed liner and a fuel card whic means FREE GAS for me!!!!!!! Since my job requires me to be off road alot, my stock tires weren't cutting it, so i made them buy me some tires. Boss said get what i need, so i spent $857 on 33x12.50R17 Cooper Discovery ST's.

And by selling my super duty, i was able to my dad's 06 Yamaha grizzly so he could by a new Rhino :thumbsup: So i bought me a new Lonewolf 5x10 trailer with a fold down ramp, 3500 lb axle, 15" modular wheels and a wood deck.

P1010566-1.jpg

P1010567-1.jpg

P1010572-1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice :cool: Congrats on the new job, ATV, and truck. :thumbsup:

Thanks, not having a car payment allows me to shift money to other things, cough explorer cough, lol!

i think that company truck of yours needs a nice 6in suspension lift....:D...tell the boos you didnt have enough clerance...

does the front end have a spacer in it? That truck looks really level and the trailor can't be but so heavy. Those usually nose down bad from the factory.

I do need some more clearance but that will never happen, i'm waiting for someone to ask me why i got 33's.

I carry a bunch of tools in the back which weights it down, no spacer up front.

tell him cause you couldnt clear 35s :)

lol, i'll have to remember that one!

LOL, i think you are right Stephen. Yesterday while towing my explorer down to VA i got about 8 MPG. :D

I like that topper, my next company truck will probably have one. I went with a hard bed cover. I will need new tires soon, I am thinking about some 285/70/17.. I have 265s on it now. The truck came with some puny 235/75/17 that were taken off for these ASAP :) I already have 90,000 miles on this one and it is still running strong.

Attachments

• IM000820 (Medium).JPG
    IM000820 (Medium).JPG
    72 KB · Views: 230

Topper wasn't my choice, boss made us get them cause we haul electronics and tools all the time, but i've fallen in love with it. I love this style since it's curvey, i wouldn't have one of the grandpa toppers that raise up in the back. This one looks good i think.

I was going to get 285's but when i called to get a price he told me they were 33's and he was right, 33x12.50r17's, i thought they would have been 285's also. But they look good on it, but i only get about 13MPG.

JoshC said:
Topper wasn't my choice, boss made us get them cause we haul electronics and tools all the time, but i've fallen in love with it. I love this style since it's curvey, i wouldn't have one of the grandpa toppers that raise up in the back. This one looks good i think.

I was going to get 285's but when i called to get a price he told me they were 33's and he was right, 33x12.50r17's, i thought they would have been 285's also. But they look good on it, but i only get about 13MPG.

We got a choice as to our bed configuration, some have toppers, some have bedcovers like mine. I am a field engineer for a cellular company, so i carry some pretty expensive tools and equipment- a water tight seal is main reason I chose that particular bedcover. My personal vehicle has a topper on it though :)

Back