Crozet, VA 10th anniversary run chat thread | Page 34 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Crozet, VA 10th anniversary run chat thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It about 5:30 AM Saturday. I am mostly loaded. We are planning to leave at 7.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes we are wheelin on sunday, for a few hours at least. Meeting at the park at about 9.

Nice pics!

Chris

We bailed out last night about 10:30. From what I have seen on the weather radar it was the right choice.

Pictures

Does anybody have Josh Adams pictures yet? Or yours Unlcemeat? I got all that I had posted in my photo gallery. Most of them are Patrick, But that was who I was behind for most of the trail.

Patrick called me earlier today asking how to get to Uwharrie. He and Josh Adams were going there on the way home I think. If they did, they are probably dealing with lots of clay and may not get home for a while.

Dopler174 said:
Does anybody have Josh Adams pictures yet? Or yours Unlcemeat? I got all that I had posted in my photo gallery. Most of them are Patrick, But that was who I was behind for most of the trail.

I'll post his in a bit.. I just got home. I need to finish bolting my rear driveshaft so I can work tomorrow.

jasonb said:
Patrick called me earlier today asking how to get to Uwharrie. He and Josh Adams were going there on the way home I think. If they did, they are probably dealing with lots of clay and may not get home for a while.
I wanted to go with them so bad. Just spent to much money getting to a rock park that I couldn't even wheel at. :( Mabie I'll meet them at Tellico soon, or get something together at Uwharrie. :thumbsup:

Hopefully JoshC will post the pics of what happened to Monmix at the cabin :D :D :D

Blee1099 said:
Hopefully JoshC will post the pics of what happened to Monmix at the cabin :D :D :D

Uhhhhhhh, yeah Zorro had seen better days than this weekend :(

Finally back, what a weekend. Other than my sway bar link, my transfer case skid, my fuel tank skid, my rear bumper getting a new position and a good dent in the tailgate everything went perfect. This weekend was a blast, Crozet was one hell of a challenge for a stockish truck like mine. GWNF was a 2wd's perfect trail and Uhwarrie was somewhere in between. I do know one thing and I am sure Josh Adams can concur...1400 miles in a weekend is about my limit. It was great to meet all you guys, hope yall got home alright.

I agree with Patrick, that many miles in a weekend is the limit. I had an awesome time this weekend. It is always great to meet people from this website that I've never met before and it's good to see those you haven't seen in a while.

As far as the wheelin' was concerned. I enjoyed Crozet, it's pronounced Crow-zay, but only a few trails were suited for my truck. It is an awesome place to go if you are built for it. Chris and his wife and Jules were all super nice and didn't mind lookin' after us while we were there, thanks to y'all for giving us a good half a day, since that's all most of us stayed. GWNF was a good trail for 2wds and stockers. There was one side trail that several of us took that gave us some excitement.

After we had done all we wanted or could do in VA, Patrick and I decided to head down to Uwharrie. It was a fun day today there. The wet clay made a few trails a little more than than they normally would be. If it weren't for the rain I could have done everything we did in 2wd, but there are a few spots that will make you think a little bit.

As far as damage goes, I caused myself to cave in one of the back doors on my truck, stupid mistake and today at Uwharrie, I seemed to scraped something underneath and bent some crossmemebers more than they already were and I also picked up a bad vibration somewhere. I don't know if I slung a weight off a tire or off the driveshaft. I'll figure that out soon though.

I'll put the pics I took today up sometime in a few days.

Thanks for coming. Heather and I enjoyed your company.

I hope all enjoyed their time here and made it home safe.

The rain sucked, esp for those of you that were tenting. It is still raining here.

Take care,

Chris

Well after all was said and done I managed to walk away with 1 or 2 scratches and a little dent on the bottom of my rocker panel. It was great to meet everyone and despite mother natures best attemp to make things miserable, I had a good time and I'm wondering where we are going next and when? I think if there was an award for the biggest balls, it would have to go to Patrick. I have never seen a Durango take such a beating :D

Chris,
Please pass on to your wife and jules what a great time we had. You guys realy made us feel welcome and at ease(Sometimes :p ). Thanks for an awsome time!

I didn't get a chance to say my good bye's sat. the wife had a head ache, (if momma ain't happy its time to go). it was nice to meet everyone. I had a great time. for anyone interrested in mud. the 4x4 club I belong to is planning a run 7-15-06 (in the Altavisa VA area), get with me.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank You!

The horable rainy drive was worth it even If all I got to make was one friend. I feel like I made about 20. Thank you all for embracing myself and I hope that maybe we can meet up again soon. Anybody got any ideas? Feel free to PM me so we can get the ball rolling! :D I have found a love to wheel as much as I did drive fast until I almost got killed. :roll: This is one of the greatest experiences I have had. :thumbsup: Thank you all again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back