• Register Today It's free!

Rear Door Speaker

SBJ420

Reaction score
City, State
Windsor NS
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 XLT
How do I get my rear door speaker out? It is not working and I really dont think I need to take the door apart to get at this sob. I started to pull on the screen type cage that is covering it but seemed like I was starting to bend it. And I don’t want to wreck it. Any hints?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a '97 and on mine you have to remove the door panel. I'm sure it would be the same on your '94.

Do you have power windows? If so it will be a little easier than manual windows.

Yeah door panel comes off. It's not hard though. The sports the rear speaker grilles can be "bent" off & the speakers can be accesed. Not on a 4 door though.

ahhh okay, it is power windows. so its that easy to just take off the panel? Last time I tryed it was on a 69 chevy p/u and I had to drill to get it off. But that is MUCH older! Thanks for the info

Taking off the rear panel is easy.
1. Remove the 2 screws located above the door handle.
2. Remove the black trim piece around the door handle. To get it out of the way easily, pull the door handle as this will give you more room.
3. Using a wide flat screwdriver or door panel tool, start at the bottom and carefully pry the trim clips out of the door.
4. With all the trim clips released, pull the panel straight up over the door lock and off.
5. You can either disconnect all the electrical and take the panel right off buy it is not necessary. I use my 12" high toolbox to rest the panel on. This gives you all the access you need to undo the four screws holding the speaker in and does not put a strain on any of the wires.

okay I will give it a try. I am gettng a bad feed back with my system rite now. I just have a CD/MP3 deck and a Sirus sat. But the feed back was there when I bought it and I just noticed that one speaker is not working.

Back