one crazy night...now i need a transfer case | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

one crazy night...now i need a transfer case

351wExplorer

Reaction score
City, State
michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 sport
hey hows it going everybody. I know i havent posted in a while, but i need some help. I had an awesome day at silver lake sand dunes today, the explorer was unstoppable, until we were on the way home. I will name citys just for the locals, I was in ravenna, i just turned right by the four way stop to head into fremont and the transfer case started screaming, it popped in and out a couple times and was dead. I pulled over shut her down, fired it back up and i made it about 2 maybe 3 hundred yards and it did it again. So i started thinking, maybe if i ran low it would be fine. Thank god low worked fine, and because i have a np208f t-case i could run two low. SO i went from about ravenna to just south of fremont, about 15 miles or so in two low. It was starting to get late and dont get me wrong i was having a great time, in all honesty we were cracking up because my truck sounded like an f-ing frieght train. I pulled over and tried high a couple different times but i couldnt get it to stick for more then a hundred yards or somthing. I finally figured that if i put my foot on the t-case shifter and pushed as hard as i could and drove with my left foot it wouldnt pop out of high. SO i ended making it home, a 1hour trip turned into 2.5 hours and i need a new transfer case. So any body around midwest michigan have a np208f transfer case for sale cheap, let me know

ttt, does anyone know how difficult it is to rebuild these t cases, im looking into that as well as a used one. so if anyone could offer some help that would be great

I have a few 208's in my parts stash. I am working on making doublers out of them for the full size/V-8 crowd. If you send/swap me yours as a core for the shafts and what ever else may still be good, I'll make ya a good deal on a working one.

I am in southern WI if that makes a difference to you.

Shoot me an email at 4xfab@charterinternet.com if you want to work out details.

Back