• Register Today It's free!

Pioneer Audio Troubles

uh60james

Reaction score
City, State
Fayetteville, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Sport (Dora), '06 XLT
:mad: Took a trip to Best Buy today and bought a DEH-P3800MP head unit and GEX-P920XM XM Tuner both from Pioneer. I am pretty disappointed but still have hope its just me doing something wrong. The faceplace on the head unit doesn't latch on completely, only the right side will latch, if you pull on the left without pressing the release button it swings freely. I can't get the head unit to give any sign that the XM tuner is working at all. Help!?!?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The faceplate is probably broken. You don't want to see how those things come in on the truck. And Pioneers have a pretty high DOA rate anyways. As far as the XM goes, all you should have to do is switch the input to XM and it should play. You might have to adjust the setting when the HU is powered down telling it to display that source though.

If all else fails, let them install it. We do free installs on HUs over $99. You sound like you have the adapter plate and the factory plug harness already so you won't have to pay for those. The XM Install will be $50 extra though.

Do u think i can just exchange the face plate or HU rather than pulling all the wires ive spliced and exchanging the whole thinq? Or would this be a warranty claim with pioneer?

They won't be able to switch out just the faceplate more than likely, I'd just rip it out and swap out the whole unit. Plus then if it isn't the faceplate(I've been wrong before), you'll still be covered.

Worked out good, they let me switch out everything minus the wiring harness and the bracket thing you have to put in the DIN slot. I just went outside and slid it in so they wouldn't charge me for the install since I had them do the install on the XM tuner, I wasn't about to waste another hour on that again.

Back