Very bored + spare parts = Ricer Xplorer | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Very bored + spare parts = Ricer Xplorer

Creager said:
wow dude im surprized that looks as good as it does

now you just need some 12x14" wheels with 1" backspacing, and a big mexi-flag in the window.

hahaha thats great!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

wow, im speachless. I too have to applaud your effort, not my style at all, but i admire yours. Honestly though, it needs a cleaner look. do you have plans for the flares to tie into the kit? are you gonna drop it? you need like 22s and it might turn out

good luck man

my plans are 22" rear rims and 20" in the front, I will be molding the flares into the skirts to make it all one piece! And I will be droping it around 5" all around...with custom windows in the rear and sides! custom tails....and prolly a new rear bumper...maybe even a wide body in the rear...for some super deep dish rims!

i am definitely curious about this project...i find myself checking in just to see how far you got. :thumbsup:

Hey thanx...hope yall are enjoying watchen me rape the $^&% out of my 99 explorer that im still making payments on! = ) haha cuz im having a good time....ill keep yall posted as more gets done!

I got some interior stuff done today....I have been slowly working on sanding down my interior panels to smooth them out along with adding a tripple pillar gauge pod with gauges...I got 3 gauges in and mounted....some interior done and some custom LED's done in the dash....I will get pics of everything....

NOTE TO ALL: I do not advise taking on more than 1 task @ a time!! It is making my truck look like all HE double hockey stick! = ) keep enjoying my stupidity

Hey there, props to the project. I actually think it is pretty cool. Not to many guys have anything like this. Ever seen the X with the BMW front end grafted to it? I have often thought it would be cool to revamp the body on mine, and actually I plan to when School gets back in in sept. I am a sculptor/Fine arts student at the U of Calgary, and really love fabrication work.

thanks for the kind words.....I think you mean Expo's grill its not really a BMW grill he just made it custom....its great work! he has some insane mods on that X makes me envious! I hope you do go about revampin your X make sure to post up pics!

A new update....I know this is for exterior but i figure if yall dont mind....ill just make everything that I do to my X into this one thread....since it is all ****RICER**** related.....anywayz here are some pics of my new pillar pod and LED's to my interior!

We will start with my white face gauges and pillar at day time!

2351937_24_full.jpg

Now onto my center vents my cd player and the floor LED's

2351937_25_full.jpg

Now of my gauge cluster at nite with my green dash kit I make.

2351937_26_full.jpg

2351937_27_full.jpg

And some a pic of my pillar pod gauges.... Air/fuel at the top, Oil pressure in the middle, and the bottom is a vaccum gauge!

2351937_28_full.jpg

And last but not least my Sound system I am currently using 2 12" Sony's and 1 10" rear mount Q panel sub by kicker!

2351937_23_full.jpg

ENJOY!!!!!

How old are you if you don't mind me asking?

haha.....im still young enough to have fun!!!! Twenty one years old! but im pretty sure my cars will still look like this when I turn 60 as well! Rice man....its my generation =)

well new update....not on the bodykit....not enough time....but I did order Nitrous oxide tonite....imma try spraying it at the drag strip.....but to be honest....I really wanted the purge....for having fun in town with riceboys!

AiwaExplorer said:
well new update....not on the bodykit....not enough time....but I did order Nitrous oxide tonite....imma try spraying it at the drag strip.....but to be honest....I really wanted the purge....for having fun in town with riceboys!

so you're planning on having fun with yourself?

if u think this is bad....i gotta post some pics of the other toys in my town! atleast i can whop up on them! and besides yall love this thread....u keep coming back to see my next riceboy move! =P

Hey man I am 22 and I think your mods are one of a kind- too many people on here that think that monochromatic paint, black window tint, bigger rims, lowering or lifting kits, big stereos, or painting their body trim body color is serious custom one off amazing fab work. lol Seriously though - I don't mind some of the ricer cars, as long as they are rear wheel drive. Look at the nissan skyline for example- they weren't even allowed to sell that in the US cause it was too fast for US roads, and too easy to tune the snot out of. Explorers are really just 4x4 grocery getter people movers. I do like them alot don't get me wrong but there are lots of people who equate them to a minivan on roids, and many think that tuning an explorer is a waste of time :) Keep up the cool work tho!

biturbosport said:
Hey man I am 22 and I think your mods are one of a kind- too many people on here that think that monochromatic paint, black window tint, bigger rims, lowering or lifting kits, big stereos, or painting their body trim body color is serious custom one off amazing fab work. lol Seriously though - I don't mind some of the ricer cars, as long as they are rear wheel drive. Look at the nissan skyline for example- they weren't even allowed to sell that in the US cause it was too fast for US roads, and too easy to tune the snot out of. Explorers are really just 4x4 grocery getter people movers. I do like them alot don't get me wrong but there are lots of people who equate them to a minivan on roids, and many think that tuning an explorer is a waste of time :) Keep up the cool work tho!

Wow, did you seriously just say the skyline was too fast for US roads? I think thats the funniest thing I've ever heard, you just made my week, thanks.

AUexplorer06 said:
Wow, did you seriously just say the skyline was too fast for US roads? I think thats the funniest thing I've ever heard, you just made my week, thanks.

Ya that had to make me chuckle a bit as well :D

And yes Aiwa I do love your thread. At first I was a hater, but this project of yours is coming along nicely and keeps me both intrigued and amused. ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Diggin the green lighting haha! I get all eager to see the updates everytime you post in this thread. Keep up the good work.

Back