• Register Today It's free!

Subs in my F150

HappyGilmore

Reaction score
City, State
Long Beach, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 Sport 2WD
ok so i have 2 JL Audio 12 W3V2s in my explorer, along with a bunch of other audio stuff. i am going to put it all in my new DD. which is a 98 F150 XLT extended cab. everything should go in fine except my subs. i would like to put them in my truck under the back seat but i dont think this is possible. i would like to do that, or trade/ sell subs and get one 10 or 12 inch W7 if that is a better option. even then i dont know how i will fit either of these set ups in there.

i would greatly appreciate any input from you guys. i tried some F150 forums but it just shows options for a lil 10 inch in xtended cabs. or putting 12s in a super crew which i dont have.

thanks,
trent

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the f150online forums are pretty good.

From what I remember you can do what you're wanting to do, but you'll have to actually mount the rear seats higher.

Cant you just break out a tape measure and see if it fits?

TTG said:
the f150online forums are pretty good.

From what I remember you can do what you're wanting to do, but you'll have to actually mount the rear seats higher.
yeah i read about that but i thought it was only on a super crew. i measured under the seat and the sub wont fit let alone inside a box. i thoguht someone would have done this here, guess i need to research other forums more. i spent awhile already.

HappyGilmore said:
ok so i have 2 JL Audio 12 W3V2s in my explorer, along with a bunch of other audio stuff. i am going to put it all in my new DD. which is a 98 F150 XLT extended cab. everything should go in fine except my subs. i would like to put them in my truck under the back seat but i dont think this is possible. i would like to do that, or trade/ sell subs and get one 10 or 12 inch W7 if that is a better option. even then i dont know how i will fit either of these set ups in there.

i would greatly appreciate any input from you guys. i tried some F150 forums but it just shows options for a lil 10 inch in xtended cabs. or putting 12s in a super crew which i dont have.

thanks,
trent
http://www.carstereo.com/installs/photo_gallery_album.cfm?home=yes&photoid=32094&galleryid=2341
Check this ride out.

that looks really good. i dont have any fiber glassing skills though. i also dont think i have that much room under my back seat, since mine isnt a super crew. its an extended cab. i gotta find the kit that raises the seat up.

I have a box for sale thta will fit your current subs- it was in a 1997 extended cab f150 and is carpeted tan. I will have to check air space specs etc.

Dang! Expo...You are just on top of everything in the Audio forums. :)

lol- sometimes.

i actually don't think i've been checking the forums as much as i'd probably like to be.

-drew

expo5.0 said:
I have a box for sale thta will fit your current subs- it was in a 1997 extended cab f150 and is carpeted tan. I will have to check air space specs etc.
definately interested if the price is right. does is require the lift kit for the seat? the airspace for my subs is like 1.25 cubic ft and those boxes are about .85 cubic feet. what will be the cons of less airspace? the box they are in now is up to spec and is ported. its loud and hits hard too.

it will not be as loud under those rear seats sealed etc. you will be slightly under specs i'm sure and will have to try to compensate by adding a ton of polyfill. the box was originally built for two p2 12s and it sounded great. I believe we made it fit with no seat lift (unless it was lifted before i built the box). if it requires a lift i'll sell the lift and the box for $100 plus shipping and i'll get some pictures sometime soon.

do you want me to get pictures/specs?

Back