• Register Today It's free!

Moving South!

Sarge_AF

Reaction score
City, State
Prattville, Alabama
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 Eddie
Any Alabaman's on here? I got an assignment to Gunter AFB in Montgomery Alabama. I know there's some wheeling clubs down there, but not many 'sploders. Anyone on here from there?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i am sarge...its crimsonandwhite from the CAOS forum...when you moving down this way???

Looks to be in August some time. I hope to get there as early as possible to get my kids enrolled in school! I was hoping to find more 'Xploder guys for us on here. I'm sure there's more than the 2 of us! :)

yeah...there's a couple others here...you are prob the only one in the state with a sas tho...so you got us beat there...

pic from today! My pride and joy, and not the truck. :)

673594.jpg

lol...he's just a couple inches taller than the tire...what kind of tires are those anyways??they kinda look like the truxus mt's

I'm From Bham, little north of Montgomery. There is a club here SWC I think. Look under the local club forum here. Welcome to the heart of dixie!

Those are 36" TSL SX's. They aren't mine. One of mine is on the roof in that pic, Mine are 38" TSL's.

I couldn't find a local area forum on the site for the South. I know CAOS is in Bama.

i think CAOS and the Southern Explorer Club is bout as local as we have...at least considering the explorer guys...

Well, maybe we can fix that! We could always start a club or something. If there's enough small Ford guys around. any RBV is cool in my book. I used to wheel a BII for the longest time, until I wised up to the extra space an X has. Plus I needed the extra seat when my son was born. :D

I hope to have her out this weekend, by the way. I ordered up my new driveshafts this morning, and they said they will try to have them done today, otherwise it'll be Tuesday before I have my X back on the road. Keep your fingers crossed that the shop works fast!

yeah...no doubt...im stuck in the dilemma on weather or not i want to go ahead and get the superlift or not to hold me over till the sas...ahh..decisions decisions...

Three letters....... S A S

I did the TTB lift thing for all of 2 months, and then SAS'd. There's a reason!

yeah...i know i know...just gonna be a while before i can get it done...gotta get all the parts and stuff and it aint cheap...

Well, I should hae mine running again by this weekend if all goes well. I had a small transmission problem! :D

678126.jpg

Problem? I dont see no stinking problem.

Thats gonna hurt the checkbook.

yeah no doubt...thats not fun stuff...went to June Jam this weekend out a Gray Rock ORV...they had a superlift event this past weekend...got some good pics...and couldnt help but noticing how bad we need to have some SAS Explorer's out there representing!!!just bein out there made me want to do the sas asap...

Hopefully it won't be too expensive. I should be looking at around $100. I'd pay $300 gladly if I didn't have to reinstall the transmission! :roll:

i have bad tranny luck...hopefully this one will be nice to me since im nice to it...luckily its not that expensive for ya...

sorry i'm chimming in late on this... pretty sweet xplorer and welcome to bama!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, the time is nearing. My movers get here next week to pick up my junk, and I'll be hitting the road on the 4th of next month. My truck get shipped out on the 31st. They are delivering it to Atlanta. That kinda sucks, but at least it's somewhat close. Anyway, $700 lighter in the wallet, and I have a fresh rebuild on the C4. I'll be reinstalling it tonight, and hopefully all will go well, and I'll be set for a long time. I had a shift kit installed during the rebuild, so it should prove to be much better.

My family and I are looking forward to getting down there and thawing out!

Back