• Register Today It's free!

Remote Wire ? Where ?

Mexplorer

Reaction score
City, State
Nayarit, Mexico
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 XLT
I have installed recently a subwoofer box to the factory head unit with changer. It is almost done, but i dont know where to run the remote wire for my amps....any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Run the remote right down the side of the vehicle the same route you ran the rca's to the amp.

Ha ha ha.......That's messed up stillkicken, I am sure he was talking about where to hook it up behind the stock head unit.

it probably depends on the HU. Check the manual; it should tell you.

Im assumin you mean remote to the hu...and not the amp? that would be stupid.

It is a stock Head Unit. There is no remote wire on the stock head unit. You will have to make a remote wire. You can attach the remote wire from the amplifiers to the 12 volt switched on the back of the head unit. You will have to look up diagrams of the head unit on your own. I have tried to look for you but did not succeed. Or if you are good with handy testers then you could find it by turning the key and which ever wire back there gets power at the acc position but not in the off position is the one you want to use for your remote wire. Let me know if you don't quite understand I will try to explain better. If you can't use a tester then your best bet is to go to the car audio shop near to you and have them tell you where to hook it up. Have the radio out and ready to look at so they won't charge you.

you can run it to a fuse in your fusebox, thats how I did mine, I just picked one that was hot in either acc or when the car was started.

-Rich

Run it off the switched power wire. And don't run the turn on down the same side as the RCAs, run it down the side with the power wire. Even the little turn on can cause interference.

Thanks LCPL DOZIER and all guys, i understood (i guess) the point. I got a diagram from a friend who is a Tech in other forum, of my radio, and i pointed with the red arrow the wire which i guess can work for the remote wire purposes. Check out...

remoteradio.JPG

Would this wire work ? Thanks

yes it will work.

Absolutely....Now go tear the head unit out and get to splicin some wires. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Yep, it worked very well. Thanks Guys !

If someone wants the entire diagram for the 96 factory radio with changer, i can post it....

Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the 98 4 door xlt I have few wires I am not sure about and the one above doesnt look the same

Back