Decent Setup? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Decent Setup?

Hello I'm installing a three inch bodylift on my explorer and I'm purchasing a set of American eagle 15x8 058 series. And I'm looking at the Kumho Venture MT 32x11.5x15 size tire. I'm trying to look for a more wider appearance with the rims and tires I would like them to stick outside the wheel well a little bit. Should I change the backspacing to make them stick out more or should I stay at the 3.75 backspacing. I think this should be a pretty good setup for what I'm looking for Its still my daily driver. Just looking for some opinions and info about the backspacing. Thank you

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

keep the 3.75 backspacing....it will look tons more aggressive with the lift rims and tires. plus going with the 15x8 rim you will automatically be gaining 1" of width there since stoc rims are 15x7. it will look good. Dont forget to take pics so we all can see :D

That ebay add says they have 3 1/4" back spacing, not 3.75". That'll put them further out by 1/2 inch.

464729_51_full.jpg

Thats with the wheels you want and 12.50 tires!

-Drew

Yeah I was just using that site just to give an Idea on what they looked like. I like how your tires look Drew but I won't have 12.5 I will only have 11.5. So should I just stick with the 3.75 backspacing or 3.25 to gain that extra width any disadvandages of the smaller backspace?

if you go with less backsapcing you might run ito issues with rubbing the wheelwell liner, rear of the well at the lip

i have the 31x11.5x15's on 15x8's with 3.75" backspacing on a '97 sport. the front tires stick out about an inch and the rear are even with the fender trim.

here's when I had my 32x11.5x15 ProComps on 15x8 w/ 3.75" backspacing

845002_20_full.jpg

get 15x10 rims. they will look excellent and when you need that big of rim to fit your 35-12.5s youll have them, and trust me, if you put this little lift on there you will end up with a monster some day... although if you go with fullsize axles the new rims wont fit, so bassically i would go pick up a dana44 and a ford 9...................................

Well I went against the 058 series rims and I'm getting the 186 series rim and They don't come with 3.75 backspacing in the 15x8, would it still work if I got the rim with 3.25 backspacing with a -30mm offset. And i'm putting 32's on them. Thank you.

after i put my 3" body lift on my x i got some 15x8" with 3.25" bs. along with 31x10.50's. i got the 3.25" bs cuz i like the wide look. i jus had to trim a little plastic. since u'll have 32x11.50's u'll jus have to trim a little more. or torsion twist it a little. and then trim.

The 91-94 explorer's don't have torsion bars, I can't do that trick.

Get the 3.75, it's a sure thing.

I was wondering if anyone else had a 3.25 backspacing with a -30mm offset on a first generation. I wondering if the rims will have any kind of rubbing problems or anything. Someone told me that with the negative offset that it will compasate for the smaller backspacing, Is this true? They have the rims in the 3.75 backspacing but the rims would have to be 15x10 instead of the 15x8 that i'm looking at. Someone told me with the wider rims that the tire will look stupid on them the tires are 32x10.5.thanks for everbody help.

3.75" BS on a 10" rim would not be good. They'd stick out a lot. It's like 3" BS on an 8" rim. You'd have 62% of the rim sticking out vs 53%. 32X10.5 tires will fit fine on your stock rims. I can't remember the rest of this post, do you really want to get new rims?

Hell ya rims make or break a car. I just don't know if this rims with 3.25 BS with -30MM will work on my truck or not, or should i just go with the different rims that are the 3.75 but not as good looking tho.

I cancelled my order earlier today on the Eagle 187's with 3.75 backspacing 15x8 - the fronts just come out to much. Now I am looking at Eagle 058 - 15x7 on the front with 4 in backspacing and 15 x 8 on the back with 4 in backspacing. with 235's I think it will look ok.. and I can mount 31x10.5 ko's later after I get my two inch lift.

I just put on some 32x11.5 BFG's on 15x8 rims w/ 3.75 backspacing a couple months ago. Don't know if you can see in the pic as clearly but my tires stick out about half an inch from the fenders. Plus I just had to trim out one little plastic piece beind the front tire (I have it off in this pic). I put some shims in the front bumper to push it out a bit so I wouldn't have to cut anything on it. I highly recommend this setup.

Attachments

• tire_2.jpg
    tire_2.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 1,269

Just got the Cragar 15x8 Soft 8 (black) wheels with 4" backspacing and a -12mm offset, running BFG AT/KOs 31x10.5x15. Yes, the front wheels stick out a little, the back not as much. This does give me a little bit more stability up front. Gives a totally different cool look to the X, very happy with it. Pics will come soon.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

dmasini,

The X is looking real nice with the new wheels.

Back