• Register Today It's free!

my 01 explorer rides very rough

coors177

Reaction score
City, State
Garland tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
89 Xlt
i have a 01 explorer sport that rides very rough, i figured at first it was tires so i put on new goodyear wranglers, and that helped a bunch but still seems like it is really harsh on bigger bumps, i figured shocks but im not sure, it rides stiff not like bad shocks.

any thoughts on this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's a truck, it will ride rough.

back when i was stock mine rode really rough too... its just how it rides.

yea i know they ride rough, but im talkin like it you were to overinflate your tires to like 80 psi type of rough not bumpy type

Its 5 years old, new shocks couldn't hurt. Shocks can make a truck ride like crap easily.

when my mom got her 95 the last guy used it for major towing, rode like a semi lol... just kept telling her its a truck and they all ride like that. after i got mine i noticed it rides like a caddy compared to hers. well not thinking about the towing thing the last guy put HEAVY DUTY shocks on the rear end. was a normal shock with a coil spring on it lol...i belive i found the problem with hers lol. might see what kind of shocks you have, get a gentle ride shock...good luck

yea ill try that, i have looked at the shocks they look stock as far as i can tell, i just figured that i would see if anyone else had the same experiance and what the final result was. thanks

Back