Where Are You Guys Mounting Aux Light Switches? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where Are You Guys Mounting Aux Light Switches?

If I go with the Full Grille Guard, I am gonna add some off road lights also. Question is, where to mount the light switch so it is handy but doesn't look outta place in the 03 interior? Any ideas and photos of your setup would be most helpful!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't know about the 03. I know that in my 93 I put three switches in on the left side under the switch for the rear wiper/defroster. Kinda blends in. Even though there is three and they flip upwards instead of sideways.

I have a sony xplod headunit so i am in the process of mounting them in the trim under the headunit. ive senn alot of people put there switches all over the center console and trim. seems to be a popular spot=probally easy to reach and looks nice if you do a nice job. also under the light switch in your X because you wuldnt have to spread wires all over your X and all the lighting would be together in one spot.

here

2789x_001.jpg

Thats a very clean looking switchplate. Nice.

I fabbed up a peice of angle iron, and painted it black, drilled some holes in it, and screwed it into the center console near the driver right leg.

...It looks better than it sounds. When I get off work I'll post a pic.

I am mounting a set of black anti-vandal switches flush on the inside of my center console storage tray. :exp:
R1400A.jpg

dman726749 said:
almost exactly what im doing acept im using different switches.

dman726749 said:

That does look good! I don't plan on replacing my HU just yet though. What about finding a factory pull-out head lamp/fog lamp switch and replacing my non-fog lamp switch with it? I could then wire the aux lights up to the pull out function. Wonder if it could be done?

it can. i debated that and connecting the wires so that the fogs and aux lights went on when i hit it......it takes a little bit of knowledge for the wiring but that be cool.

This a older picture, but mine are in that black spce there next to the CB

12287new_cb_mount2.jpg

Here is mine.

BTW I'm totally doing that with my CB as soon as I get an aftermarket head unit. Thats real sweet. :thumbsup:
1. BWM
2. Not Used
3. Not Used
4. High Beam/Fog light Override
Img2006-08-28_0001.jpg

here is were i have one of mine(an older pic of my interior) and then i have two more for my roof lights over by the head light switch.....they are just the rocker switches though.
interiordizzle.jpg

There are two in this location now...
boomph-1.jpg

Left of the main light switch is where I mounted mine, i hate reaching for an aux light switch. A little triming and it did the trick.

Mine are in the center console and I have something else hidden inside the center console.. I'll give you a clue, it has yelp, wail, hi-lo, etc.. :D Just have to finish the install by putting a speaker in the truck.

you stole my idea ben, but mine is an old car alarm siren.

26354.jpg

For these:
30158.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back