• Register Today It's free!

'97 Mountaineer suspension lift?

f250xlt4x4

Reaction score
City, State
Rochester, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Mountaineer 5.0 AWD
Boy, what a plethera of information found here! I am surious, though, if anyone has had any success finding a decent suspension lift for a "97 Mountaineer? Mama's truck just turned 80,000 miles and it's time for a bit of modification. I am wondering if the suspension form my '97 Mountaineer AWD 5.0 is the same as the '98 Explorer AWD 5.0? I would like to do a 4" suspension lift and put on 32" of 33" tires. Any information on manufacturers and processes would be greatly appreciated. Thanks., Dan.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the lift for the explorer will also work on the mountaineer. superlift makes a 4" lift... trailmaster makes a 4" lift and rcd makes a 5" lift which replaces the torsions bars. those are just a few... u can search on this site to find what u need to know

Heres my 97 mounty. I found the 4'' lifts to be pricey especially since i will be going sas soon. This is with 3" bl, 1 torsion twist, shackles and add a leaf. I have since made bumper backets for the fronty bumper. It fits these 33's (they measure 33.9) really well.

Attachments

• DSC_1569.jpg
    DSC_1569.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 5,988
  • DSCF1211.jpg
    DSCF1211.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 6,769

I am presuming that your 'Neer is AWD? Any issues with cv angles?

[QUOTE='97 V8]Heres my 97 mounty. I found the 4'' lifts to be pricey especially since i will be going sas soon. This is with 3" bl, 1 torsion twist, shackles and add a leaf. I have since made bumper backets for the fronty bumper. It fits these 33's (they measure 33.9) really well.[/QUOTE]

I'm not used to this format yet. I presume that your ;Neer is AWD not 4WD? Are yopu having any issues with cv angles?

With only a 1" torsion adjustment, i'm sure his CV angles are fine. The body lift wouldn't have any effect on them.

dr_starcraft said:
With only a 1" torsion adjustment, i'm sure his CV angles are fine. The body lift wouldn't have any effect on them.

Is there a bodylift manufacturer that is better than the others? I never see the Mountaineer listed for applications. I am presuming that anything, suspension-wise, that works on a '98 X AWD 5.0 will work on my '97 'neer, am I correct?

I thought it was 883?

I haver no cv joint issues whatsoever with just a 1" twist.

JT- The difference between the 883 and the 853 is pretty much bumper brackets and the steering shaft extension. 95-97 expos and 97 mounties nned to buy the 853. 98 newer expos and mounties need the 883 kit.

Does the mean the front bumper bracket will work if u have 883 and a 98+

dr_starcraft said:
Does the mean the front bumper bracket will work if u have 883 and a 98+

with modifications.

-Rich

Back