Best street Sas | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Best street Sas

IMO a properly tuned, aligned, and working TTB is superior on the street then a solid axle

IFS rides and handles better then a solid axle.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sorry just going by what the topic of this thread is, a solid axle swap I would not consider a street modification.

A 36 on the TTB for street use should be just fine :)

I run 35's on a D35 TTB with a locker, I know a few guys who run 37's.
not the best idea, but the D35 TTB is strong enough, espeically if you upgrade to D44 outers.

Maintenance is the key

well does anyone have a picture of a explorer with 36" or 37" tires, with the ttb front end? How fast would i go threw wheel bearings? its not my daily driver.

I can say i like the ttb though i took a jump got like 2' of air and it was a smooth landing, and i love jumping!

I'm going to bring this one to the top...

When running a high lift leaf spring, more arch is needed to gain the lift which results in less flex, correct? What does one have to do to still have decent flex and have enough lift to clear bigger tires? Are coil overs just the way to go or can flexy leaf springs still yeild decent amounts of lift.

My plans... a 1986 Ranger on FW 60/14 bolt (maybe a Sterling) running atleast 38's, with cutouts, that can run trails like Tellico with no problems.

Mickey

Back