Top Speed: with 5.13 gears and 35's | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Top Speed: with 5.13 gears and 35's

Reaction score
City, State
md
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 xlt
ok, after doing alot of talking to my fellow jeep buddies and some people on the forums, i tradeds my iroks for a set of 35x12.5r15 xterrian terrains, the dana 35 shouldnt have a probably handling these

but what will my top speed be with 35x12.5r15" tires 5.13 gears and a auto tranny? what about a manual tranny(been thinking about the swap)?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

pardon for asking but why would you care about top speed with 5:13's and 35's...? :confused:

if you already traded the tires, put em on and mash the gas. Its probably around 70.

yeah why would top speed matter?

If you know your tranny's gear ratios, you should be able to figure out on this website. This will be theortetical top speed, but should give you an idea.

Dan

My ratios are:

With a 35" tire. What does that get me?

151mph? :cool:

when i was running 5.13's with 35's i got up 85mph and could still go plenty more.

Why would you want to go really fast in something with 35's? :confused:

It's not made to go fast, just over things. :D

I have 4:10s and 35's and have gotten my speedo to 95 once and I was still in 3rd gear ending the powerband (4700 RPM). So I actually was probobly doing 115.

35 / 28.8 x 95 = 115.5

Edited for redranger

boominXplorer said:
I have 4:10s and 35's and have gotten my speedo to 95 once and I was still in 3rd gear ending the powerband (4700 RPM). So I actually was probobly doing about 120 or so.

i doubt your speed is off that much.

EDIT: see told you so
thefinger.gif

well highway driving i need to be able to get up to 80mph, and just for ***** i would like be able to atleast do 100mph

FROADER said:
PM Bkennedy about it and see what his rmps were at highway speeds. He has this combo.

Brian dosn't run his on the highway anymore I don't think. He just tows it everwhere, and when he was driving it he was always pulling that pop up.

I have this combo, but with my current D-shaft issues, I havn't had the truck over 55mph but it seems like I could go alot faster with no problems. at 50-55 with the OD off it's around 2900-3000rpm. with the OD on it's about 2500rpm I think.

5.13's and 35's I can do a little under 100 mph, but I usually keep it at around 70 mph. which is 3,000 rpm for me in my Ranger.

may i ask why you need to go 100 with 35's? i cant find a need to have my stock 05 on 31's go that fast.

I don't need to go 100mph, and I therefore I do not drive that fast. I was mearly stating that it was the top speed that my truck is capable of going with the gear and tire combination.

redranger4.0 said:
may i ask why you need to go 100 with 35's? i cant find a need to have my stock 05 on 31's go that fast.

im pretty sure we all get the urge to do a spirited top speed test once in a blue moon. I do once and a while. ;)

[QUOTE='97 V8]im pretty sure we all get the urge to do a spirited top speed test once in a blue moon. I do once and a while. ;)[/QUOTE]

not with 35's. ill take my buddies audi's out for something like that.

I can bury the speddo with 4.88s and 35"s in my ranger. Of coarse the speedo reads fast and I am in slow lane getting past by semis :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

RockRanger said:
I can bury the speddo with 4.88s and 35"s in my ranger. Of coarse the speedo reads fast and I am in slow lane getting past by semis :D

Exactly.......even worse with 5.13's, but I sure do like the extra torque.

Back