going for the gusto... | Page 21 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

going for the gusto...

AdamSportin said:
I have a 98 Explorer Sport that I would like to lower 3".

Can someone please tell me what I need to ask a mechanic to do so he/she understands what I am looking for?

Do I just say "I want to flip the Torsion Bar, and install 3" blocks to the rear"?

Also I live in SoCal and if anyone of you lives there, and knows how to do this, I would much rather kick you down the money to hook it up for me.

Thanks

Adam

If you're willing to drive to West LA, I can do it for you...

I'm located just north of the 101, just below the 118, between the 23 and 405. West of the 405 and 5, that is.

Email me.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

he's in your town, just remember to share some of that guiness with me, *******. :p

draft said:
he's in your town, just remember to share some of that guiness with me, *******. :p

I actually live in Orange County - Costa Mesa area...

Draft - still willing?

Ahh a year-old thread. Im going to be doing this to my X 2nite. Wish me luck!

Good luck man, just post up if you need any help.

Well i started on it but had to haul ass to a house fire down the highway so I didnt get time to finish it. BUT, i did notice i dont even need the blocks i bought because instead of a leaf pack, I have little squares which i can simply use as the block itself!

When you flip the torsion bar adjustor, take the time to use a dremmel and grind a little notch in it, like the one it has on the other side. I did this after my torsion bar slipped off the screw and my explorer dropped down so far I could barely jack it back up to fix it. If you have any questions, this was fairly easy for me, so don't hesitate to ask.

Actually im only removing the front t-bolt and blocking the rear.

I have a '95 Explorer Expedition 4x4 with a single leaf rear and i was wondering if this setup will work for mine. And what all will i need to do. Let me know

Lowering my Ex

Hello,

Can any type of lowering be done on a 1st gen front end, if so, what can be done? :confused: I know you use blocks on the rear :) Thanks guys...........

i have a 98 4x4 xlt i need to know how to drop the front any one know what i need to do?

Hello to all I hav e a 2000 xlt i want to drop it but have no clue what to do ive learned a bit by reading the post but is there any one in brooklyn that can do it. And any advice is appreciated

I'm in Valley Stream, Long Island (5 minutes from Green Acre Mall area). Send me a PM if you need my help. :)

have you cheked out canuck motorsports torsion keys, on ebay for about $60, im but to order my pair for my 03 x sport xlt, and den block da rear end, for three inda front and 3.5 in rear, den i just need my boss motorsport 338's for new rims. :p

Deleting my necro-post, got my answer.

I keep hearing about the cv axle(?) binding up on lowered 4x4's.
Can someone please explain what this binding is? Will it render my sport useless if this happens?
Is there anyway to avoid this but still have a 3'' drop?

I'm pretty much confident enough to do the flip and blocks
(but i have no tools or a garage which means it looks like i have to bring it to a shop unless x~factor would be so kind as to invite me over this spring ;) :D -hehe)
so i have no questions about the lowering process but I will thank everyone who contributed to this thread.
Its been a long read but the wealth of info is priceless. Thanks again.

Sounds like I need some advise.

Ive got my 99 lowered 3 inch in the rear. Why do I get the front down to at least look level?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

OK there are way too many damn pages to read and see if it was covered and for some reason i cant get the search option to work for me lol. ok now to my question, do i have to use 20 wheels if i go with a 3 or 4 inch drop or can i use 18 or 19's. i have lift blocks from a f-250 in both 3 and 4 inch and i will just use em as lowering blocks just haven't decided if i want 3 or 4 inch drop. just wondering on wheels cause someon told me i will have trouble getting a jack under the x if i dont have 20's

Back