what would your offer be? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

what would your offer be?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I saw that.......thinking of going sas.

yes sir, i decided to drop the prerunner idea for this explorer, and stick with my original intentions. it will be a dana 30, as i dont see to rough of terrain, and i can keep my rims, which i just bought earlier this year. Pretty much this setup, only i want new 6" coils as i will have the aal, and soa in the rear. My tires will most likely be some 33x15x15" swampers like my last ones. I will then take out the bl.

ya i owuldnt go over 400 if it is what he says it is, a d44 goes for 150-250 out here.

Take a good look at it before you buy, make sure it's a d44, open the cover make sure it looks good in there. If those check out...i'd say 200-250 no more.

If you want a D30 talk to me I need Mustang parts money, and the axle is just hanging in the garage as I never seem to be motivated enough to move on to an SAS. :D

I bought the d30 with all brake and steering components as well as trac bar and swaybar for 300 a while back. It has been stripped and repainted, new BJ's and 297x joints since then. It is currently geared at 3.55 and needs hubs which I may still have laying around though they are trashed..........somewhere on here is a thread about the axle. I would like to get my initial investment back out of it, but am open for debate on that subject.......

The axle came from a 96 xj so is a high pinion, non vacuum unit.

Back