• Register Today It's free!

no more speakers?

mf94_4x4

Reaction score
City, State
Massachussetts
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Mountaineer
Apparently my factory sound system has stopped working. I was driving home one night and i was playing my IPod through my Tape deck adapter, (yes i know not very great haha) and all of the suddent there was a small pop and the speakers cut out. The tape adapter was still reading fine and the radio was still on and appeared to be functional, but there is now no sound coming from my speakers, even when its on AM/FM modes, not even static.

Any suggestions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

if you don`t have them in full i can`t understand how the blow.

did you check all fuses? maybe a connection at the back of the HU come loose.

Same thing happened here. It was the head unit quitting on me. I replaced it and everything was OK

Ill have to check the fuses, if the head units dead I will probably be upgrading to a CD/MP3 CD capable head unit

Aren't all the speakers on one plug in the back of the HU? Maybe it just came loose.

Unless the wire became detached from the terminals on the speakers, or the cone detached from the driver, it's not too likey it's an issue with your speakers.

First, I'd pull the head unit. Check the connections back there, then see if maybe there's an issue with the factory amp. If you eliminate those two, then you're going to be tracing some speaker wire, but if and when we get to that point, we'll build that bridge.

I just picked up some DIN tools yesterday, ill take the HU out and check the plug, then ill prob check the amps connections. Im betting the problem is with the amp, but we'll see.

Back