Should I buy it? Check it out | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Should I buy it? Check it out

Reaction score
City, State
Arlington, VA
HELP!!! Should I buy it? Gotta decide by weekend!

"selling a 1991 Ford Explorer with a 6" superlift and 33" mud terrain tires.
This truck has about 30,000 on a rebuilt motor, brand new T4(manual 4 speed with overdrive)trans,breaks, rotors,all new. It has 4:56 gears front and rear. Great on road and off. It has a detroit locker rear end (both back wheels will always turn at the same speed in turns)
Runs very strong, i dont want to part with it but i need money for a laywer."

Ive been looking for a cheap vehicle to wheel..this one already has a lift, gears, locker...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

id be all over that if i was local

Thanks..I dont know much about Explorers, but from what I gather having the manual is better, and if the engine is rebuilt, this thing should be good to go for some trails. Tires look pretty new as well.

He just emailed me, said as far as roadworthy on a two hour road trip he would stop a few times because with the 4.56 gears and 33s it runs pretty high RPM..does this sound right?

1500 is a more reasonable price, but if he wants to sell the trans let me know. :D

1500? $2,000 is low!

sounds like a good deal

Jump on that thing man theres no way your gonna get & build the same for any where near 2000, JMHO
~Drew~

He just emailed me, said as far as roadworthy on a two hour road trip he would stop a few times because with the 4.56 gears and 33s it runs pretty high RPM..does this sound right?

why he stop for the 4.56 gears and 33's? it would have 4.56 gears if it had the stock 235/75/15, but it has 33's soo the actual gear ratio would be somewhere around 4.06

I would be all over that!!!!

the reason it may be running high with the 4.56's is because he dosent have the stock trans and T-case, and they probably throw off the overall ratio. Im betting he had the stock stuff, did the gear swap and all was well then his trans blew and he put in the t-4 (though i dont acually know what a t-4 came from or whats behind it)

how do you attach photos or insert them into the message? Id like you all to see a picture of this thing...

here they are, aint much to look at but the money seems to be in the drivetrain.

And ask himn for more details on the kind of gears, and the t4 transmission. What it came out of, who did the swap, ect.

Attachments

• explorer.jpg
    explorer.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 275
  • explorer2.jpg
    explorer2.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 273

Ok I will...yea looks like it might have been beat on....but for $2k in this area, lucky to get something stuck and running...ill ask about the drivetrain stuff next week when I look at it, he is away this weekend. Said his buddies did the lift and gears...tires only have 3000 miles on them...

If this sucker ran for a year worth of mild trail riding it would be worth it to me!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

let me know if you dont buy it..im in Md and i think i'd make the trip to pick that thing up..sounds rpetty good

Back