catless y-pipe FOR 4.0 sohc | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

catless y-pipe FOR 4.0 sohc

Know Theres One Floating Around But Can't Seem To Find Anythink On The Net...any Help Would Be Great Looking For A Catless Y-pipe For The 03 Explorer Sport...4.0 Sohc Thanks

Headers..
Flowmaster Dumps
Jba Plug Wires
Coil Pack Upgrade
Volant Cai
Xcalibrator Tuned And Datalogged
Synthentic Fluids All Over

Soon Upgrades Supersixmotorsports Ported Heads...custom Cam Nitrous Shot

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There's a place called random tech that makes these. However, you need to make sure it will fit you're application.

would that even be worth the money? i dont think its gonna free up too many horses and it will prolly sound like crap...

would that even be worth the money? i dont think its gonna free up too many horses and it will prolly sound like crap...

WRONG! If you want to get away cheaper then work with the stock Y-Pipe.

The Y-pipe mod is worth 8 RWHP

Is not just removing the cats, the random tec y pipe is much larger diameter.

The reason I know this is cuss I talked directly with the manufacture for this item. It's a 2" DIA stainless steel replica without the cats.

Mines 2.25,I.D

Attachments

• MVC-007S.JPG
    MVC-007S.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 1,581

hmm - I like the way you wrapped the pipes. I was skeptical about that at first but I think I'm gonna do the same but with black. I'll also paint the rest with high heat black. Maybe being black it will absorb more heat? You can test this theory by wearing all black on a sunny day.

The Y-pipe mod is worth 8 RWHP

So you will gain 8 RWHP with just replacing the cats with a Y-pipe? or is this assuming you replace the exhaust completely? Also what do you guys recommend as an inexpensive set-up? I'm not looking for anything all that great, but i need to get an exhaust anyways soon, so if i could free up some extra ponies that would be cool, the reason i don't wanna spend too much is that my truck is lifted so I am really not trying to maximize the speed.

-Rich

hmm - I like the way you wrapped the pipes. I was skeptical about that at first but I think I'm gonna do the same but with black. I'll also paint the rest with high heat black. Maybe being black it will absorb more heat? You can test this theory by wearing all black on a sunny day.

I don't think the black is going to absorb more heat unless you got sunlight shining on your exhaust under your truck. Also, don't you wrap your headers in order to make the exhaust gas hotter and lower the density in order for it to exit the exhaust faster?

-Rich

only reason the pipe is wrapped is because of my deeper tranny pan.
if your Y-pipe is not SS steel, do not wrap it as it will rot out in no time.

I don't think the black is going to absorb more heat unless you got sunlight shining on your exhaust under your truck. Also, don't you wrap your headers in order to make the exhaust gas hotter and lower the density in order for it to exit the exhaust faster?

-Rich

Don't wrap headers cuss they'll warp! There's all kinds of info on this on the internet.

What about painting first with high heat then wrap? (The paint will probably burn off eh?)

You told me you did it for a scavenging effect?

Don't wrap headers cuss they'll warp! There's all kinds of info on this on the internet.

I wasn't telling you to wrap your headers, i was referring to your comment about the black absorbing the heat. Don't you want the hotter, lower density gas to exit faster?

-Rich

Black will absorb heat no matter what. Yes, you do want hotter gases but you don't want to warp you're headers. That's why they came out with the high dollar coatings. Don't take me wrong here just stating facts.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So you will gain 8 RWHP with just replacing the cats with a Y-pipe? or is this assuming you replace the exhaust completely? Also what do you guys recommend as an inexpensive set-up? I'm not looking for anything all that great, but i need to get an exhaust anyways soon, so if i could free up some extra ponies that would be cool, the reason i don't wanna spend too much is that my truck is lifted so I am really not trying to maximize the speed.

-Rich

is a mod coupled with alot of other mods, part and parsel of a complete, exhaust upgrade, no clue if it will help you

Back